Options
2»

Replies

• ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    I do p90x and I drink water through out..(and sometimes a sugar free redbull :/) and then after I shower a myoplex lite protein drink and a bananna..Deleesh!!!
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I work out at 5am...I eat after.
  • KellyH2012
    Options
    I think it varies for each individual. I prefer to workout on an empty stomach since I do my workouts at 5am. I don't know if thats "right" but it seems to work for me. If I eat before a workout I tend to feel like I'm going to throw up. After my workout, I have something like greek yogurt or a banana... I think its more of a trial & error thing tho. Good luck!!
  • prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of fruit before my AM workouts, just so I have a bit of sugar in me. I think it helps give me energy instead of running on nothing and my stomach grumbling half way through :-)
  • Mdewell14
    Options
    I eat a banana, small handfull of cereal and swig of soymilk. You should always try to eat something before, you will have more energy when you work out
  • epcorne
    epcorne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Drink protein shake before. Eat after.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It is suggested you do it before you eat and after you drink a glass of water. This is the optimal time to burn fat because your carb reserves have been depleted and so your body has to use an alternate source of energy ... fat. You should aim for a minimum of 20-30 minutes but something is certainly better than nothing.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • girlnumber57
    Options
    I work out from 5:30 to 6:30 am, so I have a handful of almonds before and breakfast after. The almonds (20 to be exact) get me through the workout no problem.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I can't eat before I workout. I wake up to workout (for AM workouts) around 5:15. I'm not hungry at that time. I actually just wake up, do my workout, then shower up. I have my coffee and if I'm starving at that point, I'll try a piece of fruit or something to hold me over till I get to work where I can have my english muffin or eggs or whatever I brought with me.

I've eaten before working out and it always seems to find its way back up! So I try to avoid that if at all possible! Or if I must eat, give myself a good hour before working out again.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    If I eat and workout right away, I feel very ill. I wake up and start pounding waters. I skip breakfast, and eat a HUGE (ranging from 600 to 850) calorie protein shake after my workout. I use protein powder, blueberries, spinach, avocado, almond milk, either cottage cheese or Plain Greek yogurt, and cinnamon. I usually mix in some kind of goody too-animal crackers or a crunched up waffle cone. Sooooo good and incredibly filling. Nice recovery from a hard workout. :)
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing cardio in the morning I don't eat. This means I work on low blood sugar and the body burns more fat.

If I'm strength training I eat an hour before.

Depends on what your goals are and your schedule is like.