Plateau busters!

Options
hi!
Im a 28 year old busy mom of one, always on the go, and very happy on the whole.
Let me start out by saying, i am proud of myself. :) i have lost 38lbs on my own so far. But now i have hit a plateau and im only 25lbs away from my initial goal!! urgh!
i have only dropped 4lbs since January 1st.
Ive got every excuse in the book, ive been sick, ive cheated a few too many times, i had to eat all that cake cause it was my birthday, i was too busy to get to the gym today, etc etc.
And they are just excuses. But im still putting in a good amount of valiant effort, and not seeing a single benefit which is part of my feeling of defeat. I started toning at home (squats,planks,burbpees,bally ball crunches, kettlebells,etc) and cut my cardio down to 2-3 days a week. ( i originally started out with minimal toning and all cardio 6 days a week)

So heres my question... how should i go about breaking this plateau!?
what will really boost my results?

Ive started a smoothie cleanse... but because of the workouts ive been putting a lot of protein and good fats in the smoothies,im wondering how much is too much of those fats and proteins? Usually im putting ,banana,ground flax seed,spinach,almond milk, coconut milk and a tsp of almond tofu.... Is this too much fats?

HELP!!
im so close to my goal,and ive done so much for myself already,i do not want to be defeated by this!

Replies

• chrisc16
    chrisc16 Posts: 94
    Options
    Cycle your calories for 7 days. Set some goals daily, go from 1200 to your maintenance level, say:
    Day 1: 1200
    Day 2: 2000
    Day 3: 1400
    so on...

Try this site for some help: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    How many calories are ou eating per day?
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein? I was told it should be 1 gram for 1 pound of goal weight. I can't get that much but I try to get over 100 and that seemed to help. Also, are you eating enough calories. I couldn't lose so I went from 1200 to 1400 and it helped. Good luck!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Cycle your calories for 7 days. Set some goals daily, go from 1200 to your maintenance level, say:
    Day 1: 1200
    Day 2: 2000
    Day 3: 1400
    so on...

Try this site for some help: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

I have never thought about this, but I like it!
  • schell519
    schell519 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating a good breakfast, Also try and consume the majority of your carbs at breakfast and lunch because thats when your body needs fuel. Keep up that cadio!! Hope this helps!
  • Brookhaven64
    Brookhaven64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I also was doing protein shakes in the morning and having fresh fruit. I went online and ask about my protein shakes. The advice I got was to never do a protein shake before noon and eat only fruit in the morning, because the fruit would act as a cleanser for the body. I have lost 4 pounds since I changed my routine. I don't know if the change brought on the weight loss, but it works for me.

I have found the best protein shake powder and 1 scoop gives you 32 gr of protein. The brand name is Syntrax ..flavor..Chocolate Truffles. I buy it at Drug Emporium. I have 1 with lunch and 1 with supper. I mix the powder with 2% milk. It taste just like a milk shake from Dairy Queen.