which food just grosses you out?

Options

Replies

• kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Also, to add to mine... crayfish (crawdads), shrimp, crab, lobster (usually)...

Anything I have to crack open to eat. Anything that has little legs. Crayfish are BUGS. AAHHHHH.

I think I have been traumatised into this, though. When I was little, we had class crayfish and one died and we had to autopsy it. The insides looked like bananas and smelled like death.

Also, my little brother used to pull the eyeballs out of lobsters and wave them at me from across the dinner table. Never again.
  • heggleston921
    heggleston921 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    root beer, swiss cheese, pepperoni, sausage, black licorice, rutabaga, black pepper, brussels sprouts, grapefruit, cantaloupe, sweet potatoes, any kind of offal, beer, pumpkin, eggnog.

But clearly, the REST of you all have some serious issues! LOL!
  • twiztid_princess
    Options
    egg salad--smells like fart

the water that comes out of the ketchup bottle before the actual ketchup comes out--bleckk! (this happens occasionally with mustard and grosses me out just as much!!

anything banana-flavored

baked cream cheese--i can't stand cheesecake!!!

That is why I like uncooked cheesecake :P cooked cheesecake is too dry...
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers :sick:
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Cooked peppers, cooked mushrooms, and occasionally spinach. They all have the slimy texture..ickk. I can eat these foods raw, but when they are cooked they really gross me out. I can handle fresh cooked spinach, but the frozen one is a soggy, slippery, disgusting mess.
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    Yogurt & Liver. VOMIT
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    eating organ meats by themselves (heart, liver, and kidneys) . I do like braunschweiger, head cheese, and liverwurst though.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Used to be tomatos for me. I still cannot eat it in huge chunks or slices. I know of their benefits so I try to but them up really small in a salad. The other thing is cottage cheese.
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    HAM!! yuck.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Anything with 'diet' or 'low fat' on the label.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Mass-produced pre-packaged mystery meat sandwiches - URGKH!
    Cold lunch meat
    Wilted lettuce
    Oysters
    Deer - I never realized what "gamey" meant until I tried a deer burger from a hunter friend of mine. Tastes like cologne poured over gristly mystery meat :-P
    Cooked onions or green peppers - detest that slimy-crunchy combination
    Rasberries, blackberries and bakeapples

A David's tea store just opened near my house, and I've been sampling the menu. Most of them taste great, but I have a few definite dislikes:
    Berry-flavoured teas
    Lapsong suchong tea - tastes like liquid smoke
    Movie night tea - popcorn-flavoured green tea. Tastes just as bizarre as it sounds.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This thread is great! I have an iron stomach for most things - I grew up on neck bones and pigs feet and spam (...explains a lot!) but there are a few things that even I find too gross to eat - mostly seafood:

- oysters (grosssssssss!)
    - crawfish, lobster, or anything else that looks like a giant bug! (I've never had lobster and never will!)
    - beets - taste like dirt. I love hummus - at least it tastes like *flavored* dirt. beets are gross.
    - mushy crappy canned peas and carrot cubes. smell turns my stomach.
    - any fake crappy banana (now & laters) or cherry (cough drop/syrup) flavor - also turns my stomach!

and a big +1 to the comment below - I'll be dancing around that burning truck!! how can people EAT those things?!
    * And above all: Peeps. If I ever win the lottery, I'm burning a truckload of them all at once while my friends dance around like pagans.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    lol! I'm w/you on the soggy bread! gag!! That's why I cant do bread pudding!

I also dont do tomatoes on sandwhiches...but love them cooked in spaghetti!
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Pork - might as well eat crow!
  • soinjoi
    soinjoi Posts: 8
    Options
    Cucumbers, Tofu, Lima Beans, Green & Red Peppers, Onions, Pickles....I just refuse to eat any of these!!!
  • twiztid_princess
    Options
    I don't have many foods that gross me out because I don't try food I'm not sure about.. it took me years to try calamari...
    But i can't stand most yogurt (only one i can eat is activia)... tres leche cake (idk if i even spelled it right) its soggy and gross and smells like milk... I don't like milk by itself, i only use it cooking and cereal... grape jelly (gags a lil).. runny egg yolks or hard boiled eggs when they are over cooked... stinky cheese... lamb... over cooked beef...
  • Caiii
    Caiii Posts: 27
    Options
    Mayo. UGH it's always creeped me out. :(

YES.
    Oh my gosh yes.
    Whenever I tell people I don't want mayo, it's like, "Oh my gosh, you don't want mayo? Wow you must be trying so hard to lose weight"
    Um no. It's because mayo is disgusting.
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    actually for me its the fatty bits on a steak. Most people love it and say its the best bit, I don't mind eating the meat/steak part but the taste of the fatty bits makes me want to chunder big time!
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    any kind of olive

Taco Bell
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    MEAT!