Back after a BIG fall off the wagon...

Options
So I used MFP before and lost some weight, but then I had my dissertation to write, I found out I wouldn't be seeing my boyfriend for 6 months longer than originally planned (4 months turned into 10) and I suffer from S.A.D and the winter blues really got me down. So I comfort ate, and put all the weight (plus an extra 2lbs) back on : (

BUT!

The sun is now shining, I've only got a month of university left EVER and I'm on the countdown til I get to see my man again. And I figured meeting him at the airport looking svelte and sexy, rather than chunky and chubby, would be pretty awesome.

So I need people who are going to kick my *kitten* about this and keep me motivated. I'm going to start the 30DS today so anyone who is doing that too is welcome to friend me for mutual support.

Look forward to getting to know and support you!

Replies

• NiceTee75
    NiceTee75 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!!! I'm not doing the 30DS but I hear it's awesome so you should do great!!! And welcome back....
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    Hey, good luck. I tried to do the whole 30ds but I couldnt make it past day 10 :( Still do it every other day though and i've started seeing some serious toning going on! x
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm back starting today too, I started a labour intensive job 2 weeks ago and went through hell trying to keep my energy levels up... in came the calorie dense foods :cry: I managed to put on 3-5 lbs in weight, not sure exactly at the moment as my body is probably still clearing it out but all is not lost for us :tongue:

One push to correct the mistake as a nice warm up then one more to be somewhere we've never been! :drinker:
  • lollypop_ginger
    lollypop_ginger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    30DS is amazing, I lost 11 inches in total the first time I did it and another 7 the second time (I had a months break between) and now I do it every few days just because it's such a great workout! Good luck, I know you can do it!
  • Carol_27
    Carol_27 Posts: 40
    Options
    What is 30DS ?
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    What is 30DS ?

Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - it's a fairly high-intensity 25-ish minute workout. It's good, it's not a magic bullet but it's a darned good start.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Very well done for coming back, I'm writing my dissertation right now and it is hell.
    I'm starting level two of the 30 Day Shred today, good luck xxx
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just got through the first 30DS session. Phew am I unfit!! But I know from last time I did it that after a week of Level 1 it'll seem much easier : )

I know that looking foxy in a bikini this summer is totally worth the hard work : )

Good luck with your dissertation! You'll get through it : )

Cutting out the calorie dense foods is going to be my biggest hurdle. But now the weather is nicer, I am looking forward to fresh fruits and salads rather than stodgy stews with extra dumplings that I live on in the winter!
  • mmy127
    mmy127 Posts: 14
    Options
    I know the feeling!! I'm constantly falling off the wagon! I was doing really well with eating and exercise for about 5 weeks, and then just stopped exercising (with the exception of walks) and stopped eating good. This was only two weeks ago. Today I'm getting back on the train of eating and exercising. We can do this!! :-) Good luck with 30 day shred, I do TurboFire - Intense! I heard 30DS is too.
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have 2 MFP friends who have just started the 30DS. Will send your link to them.

I'm not brave enough to do it (and I'm too old!!)

Good luck
  • SaedElhadri
    Options
    It's not how many times you fall that matters, It's how many times you get right back up!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have 2 MFP friends who have just started the 30DS. Will send your link to them.

I'm not brave enough to do it (and I'm too old!!)

Good luck

I'm one of these friends :-) feel free to add and we can do it together!! I'm only on day 3!! xxx