Blueberry Protein Pancakes

Options
Margy82
Margy82 Posts: 63
These are my favorite for after morning work out or for Saturday morning breakfast, they are so filling I usually split a serving with my boyfriend, 2.5 pancakes each

Ingredients:

3 egg whites
1 whole egg
1/2 cup rolled oat (i use one-minute oats)
1 scoop of whey protein
1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
2 tbsp of Splenda
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)

I usually beat the eggs first until the are well mixed, then I add everything else until well mixed
(and NO you don't need any flour! that was what I thought the first time I made these.)

Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat until hot, if you put the mix in before the pan is hot they will stick. (if you don't have a really good non-stick pan, then it would be a good idea to use cooking spray)

Pour 1/4 cup of pancake mix into the pan and cook until bubbles are popped or until bottom is brown and easy to pick up. (if they are sticking then they are not ready or you put them on to soon.)
flip and cook for a minute or two until done

Now remember, this make 5 pancakes, and they are very filling so you might want share one serving with a friend or save half for later if you don't want all the calories at once, They also toast really well in the toaster once being in the fridge or freezer

Nutritional Information

Make 1 serving of 5 pancakes

Calories 468
Total Fat 20 g
Cholesterol 262 mg
Sodium 275 mg
Total Carbs 45 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 50 g

Replies

• Margy82
    Options
    These are my favorite for after morning work out or for Saturday morning breakfast, they are so filling I usually split a serving with my boyfriend, 2.5 pancakes each

Ingredients:

3 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1/2 cup rolled oat (i use one-minute oats)
    1 scoop of whey protein
    1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
    2 tbsp of Splenda
    1 tsp of baking powder
    1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
    1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)

I usually beat the eggs first until the are well mixed, then I add everything else until well mixed
    (and NO you don't need any flour! that was what I thought the first time I made these.)

Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat until hot, if you put the mix in before the pan is hot they will stick. (if you don't have a really good non-stick pan, then it would be a good idea to use cooking spray)

Pour 1/4 cup of pancake mix into the pan and cook until bubbles are popped or until bottom is brown and easy to pick up. (if they are sticking then they are not ready or you put them on to soon.)
    flip and cook for a minute or two until done

Now remember, this make 5 pancakes, and they are very filling so you might want share one serving with a friend or save half for later if you don't want all the calories at once, They also toast really well in the toaster once being in the fridge or freezer

Nutritional Information

Make 1 serving of 5 pancakes

Calories 468
    Total Fat 20 g
    Cholesterol 262 mg
    Sodium 275 mg
    Total Carbs 45 g
    Dietary Fiber 7 g
    Sugars 11 g
    Protein 50 g
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    These sound great. I'm going to try them this weekend. Thanks!
  • Omni2463
    Omni2463 Posts: 36
    Options
    i love it!! can't wait to try it tomorrow morning!!
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to try these...I usually avoid pancakes because they are so lacking in protein and I end up feeling hungry an hour later. Thanks for the great idea!!
  • maestrachistosa
    Options
    BTW...do you think I can substitute soy protein?
  • Omni2463
    Omni2463 Posts: 36
    Options
    these were so good!! My husband loved them, and he's soooo picky! Thanks so much!!
  • Margy82
    Options
    I have never tries soy protein, but it may work.

I'm glad to hear that other people like them.
  • maestrachistosa
    Options
    Yes, they do work with soy protein. I was a bit surprised at first by how thick the "batter" was. But, they did cook up nicely. I reduced the Splenda by 1/2, and might even a bit more. (I have the opposite of a sweet tooth!) . But MAJOR thanks for the recipe. Yes...I ate the whole thing...but, it truly kept me full for about 4 hours! For me (who needs to eat every 2-3 hours), that is a major accomplishment. Definitely a keeper!
  • Pom_love_2
    Options
    :tongue: This is probably a stupid question, but isn't the oatmeal a bit dry or do you use cooked oatmeal?
  • maestrachistosa
    Options
    Not a stupid question at all! I used dry (because I just assumed...), but now that you mention it...I might try prepared next time, just to see if it makes the texture creamier.
  • Margy82
    Options
    I always use dry oatmeal, cause there are so many eggs it is really moist and wet, plus this makes them nice and thick, but if you try the prepared oatmeal, please let me know if they are different