P90X-- results?? Motivation? How did you like it?

Options
Started P90X on Monday with my hubby I've liked it so far and I lost 4lbs the first week doing the nutrition plan, has anyone else on here completed it and gotten great results, I don't care to much for the yoga still going to keep at it though I may try to sub it out for one of the other DVDs have you guys done this? Just wanted some pointers and motivation to know I'm doing everything right I sure am extremely sore so I know I'm working hard!! Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You really should do the yoga. It will help you work out the soreness and helps prevent injuries. If it's too long you can get away with doing the first half...or the free one on one yoga dvd you received..."Fountain of Youth Yoga" which is only about 40 minutes.

:smile:
  • SkinnyGal08
    SkinnyGal08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes I do like the yoga!!!! :) it is just different, I think I will get used to it I did it last night and the stretching and all felt amazing so I'm going to keep at it all the way thru till my 90 days are up! I also doing cardio everyday with P90X
    Going to do some more of the yoga today last night I did an hour.... Today is legs! YES :)
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    I just started P90X Classic this week and today is also my Leg and Back day...and AB Ripper X as well.

Plyometrics was brutal...a killer but I got through it :)
  • warrenvalley
    warrenvalley Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did it a couple of years ago but didn't follow any nurtrition plan. Didn't see much results.

I started it again to train for the Warrior Dash in June and I'm finishing up week 7. Huge difference now that I'm actually watching what I eat and taking the strength training seriously. I'm up to 10 "real" pushups which is huge for me. Couldn't believe the difference in my legs as I was doing Legs and Back last night.

I'm switching out some of the yoga and cardio in P90X for running to prep for the Warrior Dash. But I love/hate Plyometrics.

If you haven't seen it, you've got to check out this ranking of the supporting cast:

http://jezebel.com/5897580/ranking-the-p90x-supporting-cast-from-worst-to-best

Do your best and forget the rest!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Last year I did 60 days and the results were awesome! I was very strict with my diet and I also did c25k on weight training days. Then I fell off the wagon lmao! Gained most of it back and I'm back at it again. I'm about six weeks in now, and I miss days here and there, and I'm not being as strict as I was last year, and no c25k either. I've lost about ten pounds and I feel great! My results this time probably won't be "dramatic" but I'm trying a different approach since I clearly burned myself out last time lol. I love P90X and when I'm done this round, I plan on doing another. My next round I'll be a little more strict about the workouts, but if I don't get them all in, I'm not too worried as this is a lifestyle change and working out even only three days a week is better than what I was doing before :).

As for yoga, I hate it too lol. I do it every so often, but not the whole DVD, I sorta just want to kill Tony most of the time ;). I do feel great when I do it, I just never feel like doing it lol.
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did P90X a couple of years ago and loved it. I got great results too. Follow the nutrition guide as best you can, and you'll love it. I'm doing a mix of P90X2 and Insanity now.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I REALLY didn't like yoga at first either, but I made myself do it. Now I look forward to the moves. I started off doing just the first 30mins then gradually adding more in. I would recommend getting yoga blocks they help ALOT!
    223730 Posts: 55
    Options
    I started it in January but had to bum out while I finish school. Now I am down to about 2 weeks left of school, so time to start again! I loved it while doing it, though it was pretty brutal at times. The yoga was REALLY long, but I think part of that is from me being out of shape in addition to not having the "zen" feeling - I have two young kids and it's never quiet and uninterrupted. I am really excited to see my results once I get into it again, because I have no dount that it works! My brother has done it a few times (the warrior dash too!) and it really helped him tone up and get prepared for the brutality.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I still do not like the yoga...I use the P90X2 yoga imstead since it is a shorter program......................Yoga blocks are a must at first
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did it a couple of years ago but didn't follow any nurtrition plan. Didn't see much results.

I started it again to train for the Warrior Dash in June and I'm finishing up week 7. Huge difference now that I'm actually watching what I eat and taking the strength training seriously. I'm up to 10 "real" pushups which is huge for me. Couldn't believe the difference in my legs as I was doing Legs and Back last night.

I'm switching out some of the yoga and cardio in P90X for running to prep for the Warrior Dash. But I love/hate Plyometrics.

If you haven't seen it, you've got to check out this ranking of the supporting cast:

http://jezebel.com/5897580/ranking-the-p90x-supporting-cast-from-worst-to-best

Do your best and forget the rest!

Just read the link! And all I have to say is.....HAHAHAHAHAHA! Great find! :)