new and looking for friends?

Options
I'm new to mfp and it would be great to have support and if anyone could give me tips that would be great! i hope to reach my goal by at least the end of april or start of may and keep it off! Last time i gained half of the weight back i lost, which was really sad for my family to watch, but now im going back down the scale! I have a couple questions:

when should i weigh myself?
should i eat the calories i burned off back?
what happens if you go over your daily intake?

Add me (: !

Replies

• dawngoll
    dawngoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too am new and will help support you, Best of Luck to you.
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, same time of day, just to have a little consistency.
    You should eat at least a portion of the calories back that you burn. MFP is set up to give you a calorie intake if you aren't working out, so I always eat back my calorie burn (at least as much as I can).
    It all depends on how far over you go. 100 calories randomly probably isn't a big deal. Going over every day won't help you lose weight.

Feel free to add me.
  • monjero
    monjero Posts: 15
    Options
    welcome to MFP. you can weigh yourself any time as long as you do it the same time every day. i usually weigh my self first thing in the morning to me it looks better than after i start eating. you should definately eat the calories that you burned off working out. it helps you continue to get the minimum your body needs to function. that may not sound right but yes you should eat the calories back. if you go over your daily intake dont get down on yourself just do better the next day. i just figured out if i go over my daily calorie intake ill go walk on the treadmill and burn the calories off so i will not be over.
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have to say I love it here, among "my sort of people". :)

I wish you all the best on your journey!!!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I encourage anyone who wants to, to add me. I try really hard to be supportive daily to my MFP friends. I personally weigh once a week, along with measurements. I usually don't eat back calories, I try to keep a deficit with the allowance to cheat once a week, IF I want. Any more questions, just ask!!
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm new to mfp and it would be great to have support and if anyone could give me tips that would be great! i hope to reach my goal by at least the end of april or start of may and keep it off! Last time i gained half of the weight back i lost, which was really sad for my family to watch, but now im going back down the scale! I have a couple questions:

when should i weigh myself?
    should i eat the calories i burned off back?
    what happens if you go over your daily intake?

Add me (: !

when should i weigh myself? -- I do once every 5 weeks, I would recommend not doing it more than once a week.

should i eat the calories i burned off back? -- there is great debate about this. I did and I gained weight. I think you have to find what works best for you.

what happens if you go over your daily intake? -- again there is debate, some feel going over a day doesn't impact alot as it is your weekly totals that make a difference. Again find your rhythm and follow it.
  • JanetRussek
    Options
    Hello!! I'm looking for friends too and a little support. Would love to talk to you.
  • nanapapaof5
    nanapapaof5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would only weight once a week and I would do it on a Thur, or Fri,I find it earier to weight at the end of the week before the weekend. But far enough from the weekend to. So I picked Thur same time ever Thur. I love MFP its been the best thing to help me in my wieght loss. Fill free it add me. Im here to help. I couldn't do this without my friends. It depends on the day if I eat what I burned. So glad your here. Good luck.
  • teenytinii
    teenytinii Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hi & welcome. im somewhat new to adding friends on here and LOVE being able to give and get daily support. its great and makes staying on track and motivated a LOT easier! i weigh myself daily. i really want to start weighing in only one a week but haven't gotten there yet. once i get my number back to where i was a month or so ago ill give weekly weigh ins a shot. i eat back most of my exercise calories bc i think my 1200 intake is a little low. i dont have THAT much to lose but i set it for 2lbs a week which never happens. if i put it at 1/2lb a week i'd be close to what my daily intake is without eating back the workout cals ... lol hope that makes sense!
  • mahutch1
    mahutch1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday first thing in the morning. I only log on Fridays. Your weight can fluctuate 2-5 pounds a day because of water weight. I usually look at my weight at the beginning of the month and then at the end of the month to really see how I'm doing. It's a slow process. I do eat back some of my exercise calories but I use them to burn the extra weight I'm carrying around. Hope that helps. Will add you as a friend.:flowerforyou:
  • HBL2012
    HBL2012 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey everyone im new also, Im wanting to lose about 80lbs :O feel free to add me.