Trying to lost the last 15 - Anyone else trying to lose the

Options
I just started using the myfitness app & again! I am trying to lose my last 15 or so pounds, but the last bit is the hardest! I don't really have friends on here, anyone going through the last bit and having a struggle? Please add me, I would love to offer & receive encouragement! I'm always more successful when I have the support of others!! :)

Replies

• mec2308
    mec2308 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, my weight loss began a looooong time ago at my heaviest when I was 13 (190 lbs....). Since then I have gone down as low as 155 without trying too hard. Now I am actually trying to lose weight and it is seriously tough. When I had my little girl, I put on the typical 30 pounds that you are supposed to put on and got right back down to pre-pregnancy weight (160) almost immediately. However, over the past few years, stress, a few health issues and fatigue have been some seriously troubling obstacles for me to get any lower. I gained back 10 pounds since 160 and lost them through MFP. The only thing is, I have never been able to lose the last 15 pounds. I think if I actually tried harder and stopped thinking that I am trying, then I will be successful. I doubt that is your problem though! I mean look at your accomplishment! Clearly you have self control and motivation. By the way, congratulations. An accomplishment like that is worth the good words (and much more ofcourse).
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the sweet reply to my post! I have bounced up and down with my weight so many times, this is the first time I have ever stuck to it, and this is the lowest I have been...ever! Been working at this since September 2011! I think if you really put your mind to it, you can lose the last 15lbs! That is what I'm trying to do. I set myself up small goals that are attainable! The last bit of weight is the most stubborn! I'm going on vacation at the end of May, and I set a goal to have lost 8lbs by then! My birthday is in July and I would really like to have the last 15 gone by then! I added you, hopefully we can help keep each other on track :):)
  • BeccaLevine
    Options
    I added you both, we can do this girls! :
  • mec2308
    mec2308 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's my goal too! I wanted to get the last 15 by my birthday (which is in July as well).
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have about 15-18lbsI left to go. Add me if you'd like ;)
  • lilred_gld
    lilred_gld Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    :) I have 10 to lose! add me if you like! lilred_gld
  • lnguyen578
    Options
    I find these last 13 pounds are the worse! Maybe it's because you're so close to your goal that it's like a tease hahaha :p
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have 14lbs to go and yes they are the absolute hardest!! Feel free to add me.
  • xjulesjx
    xjulesjx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ive got a bit more than 15lb to lose, but would like some more pals so please add me x
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose the last 10-12! Add me
  • BeccaLevine
    Options
    Thank y'all for all the replies! Congrats to all of you, looks like we've all lost a great bit of weight! I added everyone, LET'S STAY MOTIVATED! :)
  • Jezabella78
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am very new to this MFP process but everyone seems so upbeat and ready for the fight! I love it! I am trying to lose the last 5 pounds! I am SOOOO frustrated with this process. I have determined that altering my diet is the only way to acheive this. I hope that all your positive energy will help me! Please add me as a friend! Happy Friday Everyone : )
  • tifftran13
    Options
    Hello everybody! :) I'm also very new to this program and am trying to lose about 30 lbs. Its very encouraging to see so many people on here who are enthusiastic about this. I'm worried that I'll falter at some point. Is there any suggestions about what foods are best to eat and what workouts are best? Right now, I'm trying to cut down on carbs and work out at least 3 times a week, but suggestions would be very welcomed. I would really appreciate adds! :D
  • BeccaLevine
    Options
    Hello everybody! :) I'm also very new to this program and am trying to lose about 30 lbs. Its very encouraging to see so many people on here who are enthusiastic about this. I'm worried that I'll falter at some point. Is there any suggestions about what foods are best to eat and what workouts are best? Right now, I'm trying to cut down on carbs and work out at least 3 times a week, but suggestions would be very welcomed. I would really appreciate adds! :D

There are a lot of things you can do! I'll share something that really helped me out! Check out this girl's blog: http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/

She lost a TON of weight, over 100lbs and she gives lots of healthy recipes and quick healthy eating ideas as well as exercises! Hope that helps! :)
  • BeccaLevine
    Options
    And welcome Jeza, I added you! You can do it! You've already completed the first step of recognizing something needs to change! Good luck! Here for support if you need!
  • sblack91
    sblack91 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey, I am about 8-10lbs from my goal weight! Feel free to add me.. it has definitely got harder! :)
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I want to know why some people can eat what they want and neweeks lose nothingver gain a pound and we have to work our behinds off and some times lose not a dam thing.
  • melissa221979
    melissa221979 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    OOOH add me! Ive got the last 6 pound to lose! x
  • BeccaLevine
    Options
    Anne I wondered that my whole life, but they were just blessed with a great metabolism...but just cause you're skinny doesn't mean you're healthy! It's so much more rewarding to earn your thinness! :)