how many days do you workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• JJShotz
    JJShotz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Everyday, though some days are lighter. Most of my cardio is simply walking or light bike riding which I enjoy. Plus that usually gives me 600 - 800 additional calories to enjoy for the day. I have been lifting now 3 times a week as well. Bottom-line I've made it a habit to exercise everyday. I can enjoy the food I want, see great results and not feel like I am on a diet. My body has thanked me for it as I've obviously lost weight, have more energy, and my body is WAY less sore in my everyday life and after a workout.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I try to at least 5 days out of the week
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I log some exercise most days as I have my daily activity set to sedentary, which most of the time I am not. However I only put on running kit and do formal exercise (mostly running) between 2 and 5 times a week, depending on what else I am doing. During term times I do 5 days a week, in the holidays I usually only manage 2 or 3 as I don't have childcare. I prefer doing more, but it's good to have a rest some weeks too. I am very fit in general. My resting HR is 44 BPM.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I was working out every day, taking a rest day only when I felt I really needed it, but I've decided to make Saturdays my rest day so that I'm better able to do a long run on Sundays.
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    As a general 4 or 5 times a week. I'm jobless atm so I use the time while everyone else is out at work to take over the living room and use the wii for zumba/other dance games - they don't appreciate being kicked out (don't like people watching while I'm flailing about) when they're trying to relax at weekends. Some weeks 1 of those dance sessions will be replaced by a day out hiking and I know I'm going out hiking next weekend so it may be 6 days exercise. That said, if my body is aching badly or I just feel exhausted I know it's time for a day off no matter when in the week it is, that way I'll be even better when I resume and can give it my all instead of being half-hearted.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are keen. I just do mon/wed/fri. I do heavy weights(respective to my strength) each of those days and will do a walk for at least half hour on rest days to recover. Trying maintain as much muscle as possible whilst slimming down.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I cycle 6 days a week, then have day where I take a long walk or something instead.
    Mind you, I tend to cycle for no less than 90 minutes when I do go cycling, usually 120 minutes at least and it is damn hard work with hills and a less than stellar bike.
    I too hate to see how low my allowance for the day is without this exercise, but I have my activity level set to sedentary. I do tend to sit at my laptop quite a lot, but I also do housework and walk around town and carry heavy shopping somedays. I just stuck with sedentary to be safe.

I am trying to get myself to change my routine and do some dance classes or rollerskating or swimming as well as cycling, as although cycling is keeping my weight controlled very well, it only really works out the lower body and gets very tiring when done every day.
  • Catjag
    Catjag Posts: 107
    Options
    5-6. I also teach at my gym. Since I am already there I stick around to bust out a workout.
  • annabelsmommy
    annabelsmommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I work out 4-5 times a week and on days when I don't do a regular workout I try to do something active like take a walk or clean the house top to bottom just to make sure I'm doing something to be up and moving and burning cals. I just started only a few month ago but I'm really seeing the results in how my clothes fit. If you're just started out as well, I wouldn't recommend over doing it at the gym, let your body work it's way up to a more intensive workout.