Luna bars

Options
I read some previous post about luna bars and i got a few to try. They are ok but are they really that healthy for you or just a lot of fake ingredients? DO you eat them as a snack or for breakfast or what?

Replies

• marthavincent
    Options
    i love them! & i think they're relatively healthy. obviously not as healthy as an apple or something like that. but as long as you don't necessarily eat one or more everyday. everything in moderation! i usually tend to eat one as a snack before a workout or to meet my daily calorie quota.
  • kallio
    kallio Posts: 70
    Options
    I use them as meal replacements when I don't have time to grab something at work. I think they are pretty healthy as far a bars go....

:tongue:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i use them as an afternoon snack for a sweet treat:bigsmile: i lik the caramel chocolate nut one:smokin:
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    LOVE THEM! I eat one for breakfast 2-3 times per week. the Peppermint one is my fave, but the Carmel nut one is awesome, too . . . and cookies and cream, for that matter!

If you look at the ingredients, the first 10 or so are all natural, organic ingredients, which means that they are mostly natural. My nutritionist and my yoga mentor both recommend them highly.
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    the carmel nut brownie is very good. sometimes i put a tablespoon or two of peanut or almond butter on it and have it with a glass of skim milk. pretty decent substitute for a brownie or piece of cake!

it's not enough for me to use as a meal replacement, but it's a very good "on the go" snack.
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    I love the Pnut Butter Cookie flavor, Chocolate Raspberry and Peppermint...they are my favorite flavors. And like some have already said, there is some sugar in them, but its with in the ingred, not added. I use them on days that I workout at home and dont make it to the gym.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I grab one if I've forgotten to eat lunch. I love the carmel nut brownie one.