???? Blue hair ?????

Options
rebawagner
rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
I recently saw a picture of Katy Perry and I LOVE her blue hair, it looks so fun! My question is how in the world could you pull this off in real life unless you were in the fashion industry. I can only imagine what my boss, clients, husband, church, friends and kids would say to me if I showed up with blue or purple hair! What do you think of this new fashion trend???

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    What do you think of my hair?
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Totally agree - since I work with the public everyday - weird hair is OUT OF THE QUESTION. I told my boss I was dying my hair red in a week and she looked at me like I grew a second head. It was funny.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I love the pink or blue hair too... but yeah.. I can just imagine everyone's face. :noway:

I've always fantasized about wearing a blue wig to Vegas. That's doable! :drinker:
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think people should have the freedom to have their hair blue or pink at work!! haha!!

Luckily I am a SAHM that teaches Zumba!
    PinkHair-1.jpg
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've had a few blue streaks in my hair before. Loved it. I don't much care what anyone else thinks about it. I mean, really. It's a hair color. People need to get over themselves.
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I think people should have the freedom to have their hair blue or pink at work!! haha!!

Luckily I am a SAHM that teaches Zumba!
    PinkHair-1.jpg

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • crochelle17
    crochelle17 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    im a stylist so ive had every color under the sun! i have also had office jobs and while my employer may not have cared about our hair colors the general public does! and in a customer based business your have to keep them happy or you go under.. oh yeah, and i also live in lancaster county PA, home of the amish so yeah, i think it also depends where you live, we go to philly and everyone has crazy hair! i love it!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    i have had my hair almost every colour under the rainbow but for the past few years it has been various shades of brown

when i was 18 i had it black, blonde, pink and blue all at the same time and i had to wear a wig to work :grumble:
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I used to have "Fire Engine" Red hair but I worked at Old Navy so eventhough I was working with the public it wasn't an issue. Customer's (some, probably not all) thought it was cute, kids liked it... I guess I think people tend to think you are more approachable when you intentionally do something wacky with your hair, it is a talking point - as long as you aren't a jerk when people talk to you about it. (Hello, you have neon hair people will comment on it! lol)

not me but the color I used to have.
    568975e4d0443195941aa00326973144.jpg
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I've had blue hair. And green. And orange. And pink.

here's me with magenta hair 22669_10150093740945089_725090088_11227441_6220087_n.jpg

I live in a college town so there's a lot of weird hairstyles. I wore wigs to my job when I had some of those haircolors. Others I worked at places with accepting bosses. Now I have ruby-red hair, which is as wild as I can go in my current position. I asked for green. They said it would draw "negative attention"

However, the cool thing about having wild hair is that people generally find you approachable. You stand out, so they remember you, and they have no problem telling you what's on their mind (good or bad!)
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I love dying my hair fun colors. Unfortunately a lot of people will make assumptions about you when you do it and your boss will definitely hate it.

Recently I've done blue, purple, pink and red. Sadly I've had to dye it back to brown temporarily because I had some important interviews.

This was my favorite out of all the colors I've done, I've never been about to replicate the brightness of this red.

208392_1890775680187_1565365924_32049586_2900672_n.jpg
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have blue hair, well, its turquoise in spots.....I have had all colors, and love them all equally♥
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Colored hair on girls is hot. The end.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine what my boss, clients, husband, church, friends and kids would say to me if I showed up with blue or purple hair!

What right does your church have to dictate how you style your hair?
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Mine has been every color.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My hair has also been every colour (full colour, not just highlights).
    Last time it was blue, I was job hunting. I thought potential employers would hate it, but I ended up having 5 different companies offer me jobs (I work in property insurance).

My friends and family never said anything about it. My grandparents are Amish and they didn't judge or say anything,either.

I think Katy Perry's blue hair looks really washed out though. I accidentally ended up with that colour when I dyed my hair from white to purple and I hated it.

I say you should go for it and try it out! Do what makes you happy, there's no reason for you to worry what others think. You only live once!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Since when is brightly colored hair a "new fashion trend?" The dyes may have gotten better, but it's been around at least as long as I have. Personally, I don't care what people think unless I (a) really really respect them, or (b) it effects my ability to earn a living. I've never dyed my hair at all (it's well past my waist, so dye is a huge commitment for me) but if I did, I assume that my friends, being the awesome people that they are would continue to be my friends. Depending on what you do, work might be a different story. That said, I have lots of friends, with various occupations, and weird hair colors. From a small business owner with cotton candy pink, to a retail manager who has guess-what-color-this-week hair (admittedly she worked at Hot Topic), to a professor.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Its would be OK with me...as long as the curtains match the carpet......
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers does a small patch of hair in bright colors. It looks awesome, just that one thick streak.

This thread is making me want to dye my hair fire engine red again. I got so many compliments with that color.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I work in the legal field and have red hair with black and pink chunks ... I guess it depends on your employer. :bigsmile: