~ Low Carb SUCCESS! ~

Options
Anyone that has done low carb, please - I need YOUR help on this.......

How long did it take you to lose that weight?
Was it hard doing cardio with low carb intake?
If I eat 80g carbs coming from veggies & fruits.. is that still considered low carb due to the fiber?
How high of protein did you eat?

Replies

• Heather_Jen
    Options
    Another member wanting to know the same questions....

I was reading that if you eat 12g carbs and 6 g of fiber that the fiber cancels out 6 g of carbs.... so your "effective carbs" are 6?
    Is that really true? and as the other questions were given... are there good carbs vs bad carbs?
  • Psufilmgirl
    Psufilmgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Okay. Here's my experiences. I did Atkins in college, when it was really popular, and I lost, but I gained it all back when I started eating carbs.

Now, I have a trainer and I'm doing this 12 week challenge at my gym. At first, she didn't limit carbs, just old me to eat the healthy ones. Then, with about 4 weeks left, she told me to get it down to 100 grams a day. I'm now a week out, and she has me on about 50 grams a day, and those are all fruits and veggies. I'm really dropping fat pretty well. But, she said, starting out, you shouldn't restrict carbs because you will just gain them back the second you start eating them again. She said most people make the mistake of doing low carb right off the bat.

She said after I weigh in and get my pic taken(and hopefully WIN-I'm down about 20lbs in 12 weeks, plus a TON of inches), we will start "carb cycling."

Anyways, that's where I stand, if you want to friend me and keep up with how I'm doing, feel free. It's been good this week, I actually am at that time of the month and I'm dropping weight.

Also, she recommended doing very LOW impact cardio when doing lower carbs. And still doing weights. If you look at my diary, you will see I eat alot of protein. I just discovered a DELISH recipe with chocolate whey protein and peanut butter in the blender!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I lost 122 just by eating in moderation, then I switched to Keto (low carb) on March 1st. And now I started my CKD Carb-Up today.

Both methods work, it's just about what works for you. Just because you're eating low carb, doesn't mean you can eat over on your calories. The benefits of low carb are supposedly hunger suppression and using fat as fuel (hence the ketones in your urine). I switched to Keto because I plateaued for about 3 weeks and just wanted to try something different, I knew I could always go back to it. Broke the plateau a week into low carb. As for your questions...
    Was it hard doing cardio with low carb intake?
    For the first 2-3 weeks, it was. You just feel crappy, your body has to get used to the change. But now I'm back to how I was during moderation eating.
    If I eat 80g carbs coming from veggies & fruits.. is that still considered low carb due to the fiber?
    If you're getting 50-60g of fiber, then I guess you would still be in ketosis. Depends on your body, I think it's recommended though to net 20g of carbs the first few weeks.
    How high of protein did you eat?
    60/35/5 f/p/c