C25K NSV!

Options
alikat42
alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
I have never been what anyone would call athletic. I am clumsy and accident prone. 5 weeks ago I started C25K with some of my coworkers. As I browsed the weeks to come I saw week 5 day 3 and began to panic. 20 minutes of straight running?! Some of the girls I run with had been doing C25K for several weeks when I joined. I watched them struggle and repeat weeks. They all said w5d3 was a nightmare. Some of them eventually skipped that run without ever successfully completing it.

I just finished w5d3! 2.5 miles in 30 minutes including warm up and cool down. I did it! When I hit the halfway point and realized I was actually going to do it, I broke out in to the biggest, dopiest grin that I still can't wipe off of my face. I have never been more proud of myself!

Replies

• frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!!! I'm starting W4 tomorrow, so I'm getting scared for what's to come! O.o
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • meadowmail77
    meadowmail77 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    that is great!
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I did the same today and know exactly how you feel. When I reached 10minutes and realised I as halfway I got a new burst of energy. Was particularly pleased as my first 10mins was mostly uphill!
    Do you mind if I add you? It would be nice to have some company!
  • Linalaila
    Linalaila Posts: 24
    Options
    AWESOME!! Well done!!

Im on week 4 and I have never liked running. Weight training I love but cardio never been my thing. But after I started the C25K I love running and really whant to keep going. We will see how week 5 turns out :)

Rock on !!
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats! I was so scared to do W5 D3 so I repeated day 2....today will be day 3, wish me luck!
  • alikat42
    Options
    Way to go! I did the same today and know exactly how you feel. When I reached 10minutes and realised I as halfway I got a new burst of energy. Was particularly pleased as my first 10mins was mostly uphill!
    Do you mind if I add you? It would be nice to have some company!

Absolutely!
  • alikat42
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats! I was so scared to do W5 D3 so I repeated day 2....today will be day 3, wish me luck!

You've got this! I honestly feel like this was my easiest run yet. Without the constant starting and stopping you can really find a good rhythm and just go with it.
  • fatfiske
    fatfiske Posts: 33
    Options
    Well done! I'm in week 4 and have been dreading what's coming, but I'm glad to see those who have done it. It hasn't been easy so far, but its all been doable. Congrats on this huge accomplishment!
  • sbfreak17
    sbfreak17 Posts: 42
    Options
    WAY TO GO! I completely get the dopey grin lol...just a couple weeks ago I ran 2 miles for the 1st time since 1999 and literally started crying/laughing I was so freakin' happy! Keep up the great work!
  • Spring70
    Spring70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started this program this week. I am doing w1d2 today. How do you log this in the exercise log since it is a combination of walking and jogging? I must tell all of you that it has been reading the posts on here that finally gave the inspiration to get out there and actually do this. Thank you! :)
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That is so inspiring! I struggle through week 2, week after week. Good for you! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • alikat42
    Options
    I just started this program this week. I am doing w1d2 today. How do you log this in the exercise log since it is a combination of walking and jogging? I must tell all of you that it has been reading the posts on here that finally gave the inspiration to get out there and actually do this. Thank you! :)

I have an HRM, so I just use that. I've seen some people calculate minutes walked and minutes ran and log both. So, if I were using that method today I would log 10 minutes walked and 20 minutes ran.
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    Wooooo!!!! Well done :) This has been a really inspirational read as I've got this run to do tomorrow....Thank you for the inspiration. I'll let you know if I pass or fail :laugh:
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I remember W5D3 to be just terrible also, but funny thing - when you finally get by it, getting to the 5K mark is quite easy. I actually didn't finish the C25K program, because after week 7, I found that I could just run the 5K, and have been doing so 3-4 times a week.

What a feeling!!!!

I'm going to bask in my glory for a bit, than start working toward 10K!
  • babydoll0873
    babydoll0873 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm just now on W2 D2... I too looked ahead when I realized that weeks were actually just 3 days!!! who knew??? I thought I had accidentally skipped some days!!

I used to run a long time ago, when I was about 22-23. I'm now 39 and starting all over. It's coming back to me.. I'm enjoying it as much as I did then!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!