• llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Whats BLM?
    Bureau of Land Management
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I live on an island... I start right out front of my house, run a mile to the beach, then a mile north on the beach (to the pier) then run back(:
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Was thinking about this today on the way to my run :)

I live in an area which is a bit scummy. Well the bit i love in and a 2 mile radius around it is lovely, but if I was going further I'd be worried about getting stabbed or shot. Luckily, there's a really nice tracy fieldy thing only 5 minutes drive away. Always well lit, and always full of nothing but runners and dog walkers. Going to drive to the coast, about an hour away, and run down there when the sun gets warmer.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    5-10 mins tops. I'm surounded by trees and nature in general. living in the Pacific Northwest has it's perks.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    For training runs? I just ran around my town.
    Now for a race, I've gone an hour away.
  • beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just out the front door. Luckily for me, I have the most popular street in this town for running.

Even if it has flowing traffic, people still run the sides of the streets, but mainly sidewalk. It's a very scenic neighborhood and right near the college.

When my neighborhood bores me I walk a mile to the bike path.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Just gonna show off, because I live in the city. That is scenic, natural but has all the shops and cinemas and pubs and clubs a city needs.

The beach has a great prom for running portobello.jpg

And yes that big hill is slap bang in the middle of the city, and has "natural" paths through it you can run, as well as a road that has cyclist/pedestrian/running lanes on the pavement 307837_10150755224820411_822370410_20284581_2414801_n.jpg

And is generally just pretty scenic no matter where you run Edinburgh.aspx_.jpg

<3
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I don't drive anywhere. I like get up, have a coffee and head down the street.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Takes me about 10-15 minutes to get to my choice running/bike path along the river. I prefer it over playing in traffic or dirt trails!!! And it goes on for like 15 miles if you want to run that far on it. :happy:
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options

What are geocaches?

Visit this site, it'll tell you all about them. www.geocaching.com

AWESOME!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    my fave place to go is a park on a small peninsula of the Chesapeake Bay - it's 5 mins from my door by car.

45 mins away is a favored trail that's near my friend's house, so when we jog, we go there. runs next to a stream.

both are beautiful!
  • applekoko19
    applekoko19 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Can't drive so most of my runs are close to home but when I meet up with my running ladies I usually have a 3-4km walk to meet them.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    Just gonna show off, because I live in the city. That is scenic, natural but has all the shops and cinemas and pubs and clubs a city needs.

The beach has a great prom for running portobello.jpg

And yes that big hill is slap bang in the middle of the city, and has "natural" paths through it you can run, as well as a road that has cyclist/pedestrian/running lanes on the pavement 307837_10150755224820411_822370410_20284581_2414801_n.jpg

And is generally just pretty scenic no matter where you run Edinburgh.aspx_.jpg

<3

Edinburgh?
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    99% of my training runs start right outside my door. Any time spent driving somewhere is generally cutting into my available running time (or my sleep).
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time driving to ride my bike or run so I only do this for a race and there are times I will need to drive 200+ miles to get to the starting line. For my workouts, I ride my cheap bike to a trail head to start my run.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options

What are geocaches?

Visit this site, it'll tell you all about them. www.geocaching.com

AWESOME!

My kids love geocaching!
  • catcher_in_the_pie
    catcher_in_the_pie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually run around my neighborhood, but I've driven ~5 hrs to get to a race.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I don't make a special trip to run, unless I'm going to a race. I'll take along my running clothes if I know I'll have a chance to run somewhere I'm going to for other reasons. Otherwise, I run along the rural roads where I live. I have rolling hills, lots of wildflowers, butterflies, and singing birds. I've only seen one snake on my runs this spring. If the weather is too hot, too cold, or too wet, I'll run through my house, but I'm a little concerned about wearing a path. So far, the commercial Pergo flooring is holding up nicely.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have about a 10 minute drive to my local greenway where I do my day to day running.

I did drive 15 hours to New Orleans for my first half marathon (which is what I thought this post was gonna be about when I clicked on it, how far do we drive for a race).