Where does the fat actually go??

Options

Replies

• Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    I know for me I'm losing centimetres all over. I seem to just be getting smaller all over - I'm the same shape as I was before, just on a smaller scale.

I'd love to focus the weightloss on one area (TUMMY!) but I appear to be losing boobage as well as tum. Meh.
  • meggers127
    Options
    I know for me I'm losing centimetres all over. I seem to just be getting smaller all over - I'm the same shape as I was before, just on a smaller scale.

I'd love to focus the weightloss on one area (TUMMY!) but I appear to be losing boobage as well as tum. Meh.

I WISH I was losing boobage! I've had big boobs my whole life and they got bigger when I gained weight, and I want them GONE. They're so annoying. Bleh.
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options

I WISH I was losing boobage! I've had big boobs my whole life and they got bigger when I gained weight, and I want them GONE. They're so annoying. Bleh.

Small confession: I'm certainly not lacking in the boob department. But I like 'em! They're the one bit of me that I didn't really want to get smaller!

My tummy though. That can just go on its merry way any time it likes.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Can't remember but I remember this for cooking fat :laugh: (240O2 + 5C51H88O6 = 255CO2 + 22H20)
  • meggers127
    Options

Small confession: I'm certainly not lacking in the boob department. But I like 'em! They're the one bit of me that I didn't really want to get smaller!

My tummy though. That can just go on its merry way any time it likes.

Yeah tummy...and back fat haha

Well I used to be a C, I was okay with that. Now I'm a D. That can just go! :)
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    Kirsty_UK: I was waiting for someone to make an Adipose reference! They're so cute! And squishy! And I don't want to know how many of them would "walk away" from my body.... lol.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Haha, Yay Thanks guys :) Pleased I wasn't the only one wondering too lol.
    I actually think I understand the whole process now :D

Thank you for asking! I've often pondered this question but was too lazy to research the answer! :tongue:
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great thread, I always wondered this too :smile:

Does the amount of water you drink affect the amount of fat flushed out of you then?
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

Does the amount of water you drink affect the amount of fat flushed out of you then?

The byproducts of the "burning" as either sent out through the kidneys then voided in the urine) or back out to the Liver to go out in bile through the colon. Stay well hydrated.
  • tinaslosingit
    tinaslosingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Thanks for asking. Very informative
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Body fat breaks down during a series of complex metabolic processes.

When you burn more calories than you consume, your body uses fat (triglycerides) for energy. This causes your fat cells to shrink. In turn, triglycerides are broken down into two different substances — glycerol and fatty acids — which are absorbed into your liver, kidneys and muscle tissue. From there, the glycerol and fatty acids are further broken down by chemical processes that ultimately produce energy for your body.

These activities generate heat, which helps maintain your body temperature. The resulting waste products — water and carbon dioxide — are excreted in urine and sweat or exhaled from your lungs.

Source: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/body-fat/AN01327

It's not a stupid question at all, I had the same thought so researched the answer :)

I also researched it and couldn't have explained it better.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Well, lots of people 'lose' their fat - so it is probably under beds and down the back of sofas everywhere. Other people 'loose' their weight, so we should all look out for herds of the stuff roaming free!:wink:
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    So then the "floating poop contains excess fat" theory is bunk...
  • OhioMade
    OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thanks!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    LOL.. Ok I know this is a strange question please don't judge me for it lmao BUT.. whe we 'burn' fat where does it go? I don't quite get it.. Does it magically turn to water and we sweat it out? does it make it's way into our bowels and is disposed of 'naturally'?

I just want to know how our body actually gets rid of the fat once it has been burned or what have you.. Please help lol.. and once again I apoligise for the weird question.. just curious.. :)

Where does the wood go when you have a bonfire? Same place as the fat. It's burned as fuel and heat is given off...
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

No.
  • melissafranks90
    Options
    I have often wondered that as well. I drink alot of water and I try to run everyday. I have ran for the past few days and I try to do it till I sweat alot, plus I hate "be energized for women" Supplements. I always figured it was disposed of my sweat and bowel movements. lol
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Excellent thread. Thanks for the info.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Adipose_Industries_by_Julesdale.jpg

Thank you! That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!

The fat *literally* just walks away! :P
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Out the tookus.