I REALLY NEED PRAYER RIGHT NOW!!!!

Options
:cry: I am on vacation visiting my daughter and 3 year old granddaughter. I arrived yesterday and have been doing really well exercising, eating under my calories, drinking water and logging everything in MFP. However, we had to take my granddaughter (who has Sickle Cell Anemia) to the emergency room at the children's hospital earlier this afternoon and she was just admitted due to an infection.

My first impulse is to eat - for comfort, as a distraction, out of worry, boredom from sitting in a hospital room, you name it. On the children's wing there is nothing but snacks, all kinds of snacks. So, I need prayer first of all so that my granddaughter will get well and the infection won't get in her blood as that is really dangerous for her. Second, I need prayer so that I won't run to food in this crisis (or any crisis) and undo all the good I've done.

I just came back to the hotel to get some items and I'm headed right to the hospital. Thank you to all who keep us in prayer! I truly appreciate it!

Replies

• Jules_1111
    Options
    Sending prayers for you and your granddaughter. :)
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Prayed for you and your granddaughter.
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    sending prayers your way!!
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    Sending Prayers and positive thought your way!
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you and your granddaughter!

Hospital cafeterias usually have healthy food. Ask a nurse if there is a healthy snack in sight, maybe some fruit.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm not religious, but I hope your granddaughter has a quick recovery and gets all the care she needs!

Be strong. Not just for her but for you too. Just do your best and give her all the love you can :smile: Don't beat yourself up if you screw up at a time like this with your eating. Just hop back on your plan as soon as you can.
  • I hope she recovers quickly. I put some prayer energy out there for her and you too. Keep us posted!
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    Yes! Praying...for you and your daughter and granddaughter.

Pray for strength when you feel "weak"....He hears!
  • Ddmck1
    Ddmck1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    praying for you!
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Prayers for your family! I would check out the cafeteria at the hospital. They usually have yogurt, fruits, granola bars, salads, etc. Grab a book or a magazine to distract you from eating. Good luck!
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Praying for you both!
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    keeping you, your granddaughter and your family in my prayers.
    will be expecting a praise report :o)
  • Alexc2012
    Alexc2012 Posts: 20
    Options
    Sending prayers & hugs your way. Please keep us posted on how she's doing. :heart:
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Praying for you all.
  • gimmewellness
    gimmewellness Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    prayers sent your way.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Prayers for your family - for health of all kinds! :heart:
  • knvholzer
    Options
    Praying for you both now! Stay strong and know that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!
  • Lori1472
    Lori1472 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Prayers are on their way for your family.
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Much love and will def include all of you in my prayers! :brokenheart: