Salty language

Options
Mizzou91
Mizzou91 Posts: 249
I'll admit it. I drop F bombs. I use all seven of the words George Carlin talked about (Google it youngins). I like to cuss. Why? No real reason. I enjoy it for the same reason I enjoy watching basketball or hanging out with friends or sleeping late. It's fun. I know many people are offended by salty language. They think it shows a lack of intelligence or a limited vocabulary. That's a load of crap. I am college educated with a degree in journalism, so I have a very good vocabulary. I'm not Stephen Hawking, but I never rode the short bus to school either.

If you don't like "bad" language, don't use it. But please don't try to force your ideals on the rest of us. Regardless of whether we are talking about cuss words or abortion or gun control or our favorite color, we all have the right to our own thoughts and choices and actions. I won't cuss AT someone who doesn't like it, but I also won't moderate my language just in case someone might get offended. In my opinion, the world is WAY too PC right now and WAY too concerned with making sure no one gets their feelings hurt.

No real point to this post. Just late night venting. Have a great night people!

Replies

• csw92
    csw92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I completely agree.
  • EndofEternity
    Options
    I curse to add seasoning to my language and to calm me down when I'm angry or in pain. It's difficult trying to moderate the way I write on these message boards. If the sort of violence TV shows can air is okay, the coarsest of language should be as well.

Carlin was the f'n man. Miss him.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    This must be the reason I rarely curse - I just don't like salty stuff on my tongue...

well, except that one thing, but...
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    i never swear. (fingers f*cking crossed)
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I just see cussing as an exclamation point !

It just adds emphasis...
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    To each their own?
    I was raised not to do it, especially in mixed company or children. Although, these kids nowadays know more than I do!!

However, if I'm injured or see a spider, I can't promise words won't come out of my mouth. Sorry if they do, but I'm not in my right of mind then. :)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Pretzels
    Chips
    French fries
    Spicy Mister T Bloody Mary Mix

^^^mfp salty language
    F@ck yeah! It's hot!!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I had a teacher who used to say that if someone swears often, it means that they have a small vocabulary. What a load of crap! :laugh:
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I had a teacher who used to say that if someone swears often, it means that they have a small vocabulary. What a load of crap! :laugh:
    Pernicious chickensh*t codswallop of that *ss-backward ilk is an auxiliary f*king hobgoblin to the p*ss-poor and abjectly miniscule little mind. (...just effin' sayin'...)
  • beeker75
    beeker75 Posts: 109
    Options
    Pernicious chickensh*t codswallop of that *ss-backward ilk is an auxiliary f*king hobgoblin to the p*ss-poor and abjectly miniscule little mind. (...just effin' sayin'...)

^^^ LMAO!!! <3 it!

Well, I can cuss with the best of 'em (the boys at the station love it when I get pissed and call one of 'em the male 'C' word ;) lol) But there are some people who take it waaaay to far. I worked with a guy, and it was like, he purposely placed and f-bomb in between every other word. It got real old real fast. We strive to regulate it in front of the kids, especially since the alomost-10-year-old calls us out on it, and the almost-2-year-old will be soon repeating it! haha! But that's really the only time we watch it. Especially in the car! (Moron drivers! Really brings out Hubby's color!)
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    F U
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it. I drop F bombs. I use all seven of the words George Carlin talked about (Google it youngins). I like to cuss. Why? No real reason. I enjoy it for the same reason I enjoy watching basketball or hanging out with friends or sleeping late. It's fun. I know many people are offended by salty language. They think it shows a lack of intelligence or a limited vocabulary. That's a load of crap. I am college educated with a degree in journalism, so I have a very good vocabulary. I'm not Stephen Hawking, but I never rode the short bus to school either.

If you don't like "bad" language, don't use it. But please don't try to force your ideals on the rest of us. Regardless of whether we are talking about cuss words or abortion or gun control or our favorite color, we all have the right to our own thoughts and choices and actions. I won't cuss AT someone who doesn't like it, but I also won't moderate my language just in case someone might get offended. In my opinion, the world is WAY too PC right now and WAY too concerned with making sure no one gets their feelings hurt.

No real point to this post. Just late night venting. Have a great night people!

An extremely large pile of hot dog crap. I too am college educated, double major, and I'm aware of the number my IQ is. Living in a very conservative state, I get that effing crap all the time how one must be a complete idiot if they curse, and how their vocabulary must be minuscule. My idea, is that *kitten* started because they get offended when someone curses and they feel the need to offend back.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I work in an alternative school with high schoolers and all they do is swear.. their music is all a bunch of swear words... and you know what? It is what it is. I've tried to change it by setting good examples.. and some get it, and some just tell me to f-off.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I swear. A lot.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I swear in another language ;so nobody understands :tongue: .
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    F&$#!n' A.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I swear. A lot.

I'm with ya girl.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Out of interest, what language? (If those abs come with an accent, I'm sold)
    It's been suggested that the fricative and plosive consonant sounds formed by the mouth when swearing are wired to part of our brains that relieve tension... This may be why that "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-**k" feels so satisfying when you stub your toe.
    It is possible that those who swear on average more than others are also wired this way and constantly get a little kick out of swearing. I'm pretty sure I do.
    (Also an educated human being.)
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Out of interest, what language? (If those abs come with an accent, I'm sold)
    It's been suggested that the fricative and plosive consonant sounds formed by the mouth when swearing are wired to part of our brains that relieve tension... This may be why that "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-**k" feels so satisfying when you stub your toe.
    It is possible that those who swear on average more than others are also wired this way and constantly get a little kick out of swearing. I'm pretty sure I do.
    (Also an educated human being.)

In Danish mostly.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I've never looked at Danish swearing before, north Germanic languages always have super aggressive sounding swearing... Probably all the viking :P