Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercises after surgery....please advise!!!

My surgery scheduled for April 18th is fast approaching. My doctor just informed this morning that I WILL NOT be able to exercise for 4 weeks after my surgery!!!! :frown: OMG, what am I going to do?!?!?!! Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to what type of exercises I may be able to do? :sad: Your input would be greatly appreciated!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    I feel your pain- I had surgery in December and was out for 4 weeks too- I didn't do anything- I wanted to make sure I was completely healed so that I could get back to things full speed!! Follow your Doctor's advice and you will be back to your old self in no time!

Good luck!!!
  • tapiagonzalez
    tapiagonzalez Posts: 54 Member
    Thank you so much for your advise. I guess I have no choice but, to follow Doctor's orders. We shall see how it goes! Once again, THANK YOU!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Allow your body the time it needs to heal completely... If you don't, and hurt yourself, you will be in a far worse place, emotionally, mentally AND physically. Four weeks is not that long, just be sure to eat good foods to give your body the right nutrition. Remember, surgery is a crisis, and healing takes just as much energy as a hardcore workout. You are in my thoughts and prayers... You will get through it <3