Two weeks and still no weight loss!!

Options
Hello, I have been using myfitnesspal app on my phone for two weeks now. I have been very careful to record all my meals and snacks and have stayed below my calorie goal every day except for one. However, I have not lost any weight!!! In fact, I have gained .5lbs! What is going on? Can anyone help? Could it be because my body is adjusting to my new daily caloric intake? I am only looking to lose about 10-12 lbs... Thanks~

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    RELAX! Keep exercising and see what happens. Your body will definitely adjust for a while especially if you do not have a ton to lose. Give it another week then adjust your exercise and diet accordingly. Things will move.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    You're most likely not going to lose that last 10 lbs by eating 1200 calories a day and not exercising. You're already almost at your ideal weight, you will either need to watch what you eat for several months or hit the gym.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What settings have you set MFP to? With so little to lose you should be aiming for a half a pound per week loss... but you could find that you don't lose anything for a few weeks and then suddenly a pound drops off. Are you measuring your food out or are you estimating portion sizes? If you open your diary up then someone might be able to spot something specific to help you. Don't give up yet though!
  • Karstenf
    Karstenf Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It could be a number of things. When you fill out the info for your calorie calculator, one of the factors is your activity level. You have to be honest here, or your calorie goal will be too high. Also, you mentioned your dietary restrictions, but no exercise. For lasting weight loss, you need to make a change in your metabolism, which is best accomplished by exercise. Strength training is key in this process. Cardio expends energy, but the stronger you are, the more energy you will expend in the same amount of time. You even burn more calories while sitting still! I'm not saying you have to "bulk up", just tighten and tone the muscles in your body;they will reward you for it.
  • CDORCR9111
    CDORCR9111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys! I currently weigh 143.5, my goal is 130 and I am 5'3. My goal is set to 2lbs a week which gave me a calorie limit of 1200. I am fairly active, but decided to enter my cardio sparingly so as to not cheat myself. I use the barcode scanner whenever possible and am definitely conservative with my calorie entries. I guess I will just have to give it a few more weeks to see if anything happens. I was feeling pretty good until I got on the scale! I was almost convinced that I felt thinner lol!
  • Ajholden
    Ajholden Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Are you also staying within the specific categories of calories - fat, carb, protein, etc? We can overdo it on one but still be under in calories. I don't always lose a pound in a week, but then it catches up with me and I'll drop 2 the next week.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? I'd recommend it. i put on 2 lbs in my first 2 weeks but lost 3 inches. Dont lose hope :-)
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Definitely change your weight loss settings to .5lb loss per week. If you're fairly active change your activity settings. If you decided to chose sedentary (almost no one is sedentary) log all of your exercise and eat the calories MFP adds back in. I started about the same place as you 141lbs @ 5'5. It took me a long time to lose 11lbs! BUT I'm eating more than every now!!! It's wonderful :)
    Good Luck!!
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys! I currently weigh 143.5, my goal is 130 and I am 5'3. My goal is set to 2lbs a week which gave me a calorie limit of 1200. I am fairly active, but decided to enter my cardio sparingly so as to not cheat myself. I use the barcode scanner whenever possible and am definitely conservative with my calorie entries. I guess I will just have to give it a few more weeks to see if anything happens. I was feeling pretty good until I got on the scale! I was almost convinced that I felt thinner lol!

This is probably the problem.

I would go in, change your goal to no more than 1 lb per week, and maybe even .5 lbs per week, then track all your cardio. If you walk daily to work, or something like that, count that in how you set your activity level, but not necessarily track it, then eat your calorie Allowance for the day.