What to eat on Easter?

Options
So I was wondering what everyone is going to try and eat on Easter. I know that we're all trying to eat the healthiest that we can (with an occacional chocolate piece lol) but whenever I think of Easter I just think of tons of sugar and chocolate. What are some healthy food you can bake up or cook on Easter and why do you like them?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,012 Member
    Options
    Funny I think of lamb, roasted potatoes, salads, cheese and wine on Easter.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Anything I want! :happy: I'm just going to enjoy the day, the food and spending time with my family, without worrying about what I'm eating.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    SIL is cooking ham, there will be cookies, cakes, pies, deviled eggs, banana bread, cheese and crackers etc etc etc.

I plan to make a nice HUGE green salad with lots of yummy veggies that I love and take some additives like croutons, bacon and of course, eggs, but these will be on the side to be added by the person who indulges in the salad. I will take dressings and again, let the user choose his fave!

I plan to eat a little of what she cooks and a LOT of what I bring to keep my meal in check! I will have no prob passing by the sweets as I have 25 lbs gone and want to lose another 75 in the next 7-8 months to be 100 down by my birthday!! What a party that will be!!

Good luck and God's blessings on your Easter Feaster!! Have fun and stay motivated to be the best YOU possible this holiday!!
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Man, I don't have my mind on sweets at all! It's the steak for dinner tonight, the lunch fixed by my mother-in-law tomorrow, and the chicken on the grill that my grandparents are cooking up for Easter Dinner. Eatin' good for the next 24 hours! In moderation, though. Always in moderation!
    And tomorrow is going to be my only day off from the 30 Day Shred :grumble:
    I just won't have the time...
  • aldaerr
    aldaerr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on sampling a little bit of everything in small portions. And I definitely want to get a good work-out in the morning (probably 30 minutes of circuit training and a long walk). This might be the first holiday where I don't eat until I feel like throwing up.
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking ham, baked potatoes, broccoli and salad. We are making chocolate cream pie made with sugar free pudding skim milk and light cool whip for dessert. I bought everyone a SMALL bunny as a treat.
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Having Ham, Sweet potatoes,biscuits & whatever else I want.. lol.. I have been so good for 3 months & I am taking Easter off.. I need a day off from logging.. But knowing me I still will be counting everything.... Its good to see changes in myself.. Hope everyone has a great Easter... Enjoy your time with family & friends..
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    Stick to the ham (or lamb), try to load up on veggies- but stay away with the ones with tons of butter on them! An occasional piece of candy won't kill you, but try not to just graze all day. With a big holiday like this, there's usually food everywhere and it's easy to start eating mindlessly. Try tracking your food as you go along (if you've got the phone app) so you can remind yourself that everything you're eating still has calories, even if it's a holiday! But again, don't over-think it. Just enjoy the day. And if you haven't had a cheat day in a long time, you could always make this day your cheat!
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My mom is having turkey on Monday. I'm making ham on Sunday. Mashed potatoes. Salad. Veggies. My sister is bringing some kind of dessert. I'm going to enjoy my day. I'm not gonna let my weightloss journey affect the holiday.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Turkey and ham. Side of mashed potatoes and a roll or two.
    Always have a slice of ice cream pie.

Then I take take the kids out and run.

My kids hate chocolate so I don't have to buy any lol