Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

From "Morbidly Obese" to "Healthy" BMI -- PICS!

MeganSWoods
MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
When I started this journey, I was over 300 lbs (305, to be exact) on a 5'10" frame-- this put me at a BMI of 43.8 and in the "Morbidly Obese" category.

***Let me say, I realize that BMI is not everything, that it is not necessarily the best measurement for a tall person, and that it does not account for muscle mass. However, when I began looking for what my "goal" would be, it gave me somewhere to start.***

I set my original goal weight at the top of the "Healthy" category (174), but as I began to lose weight, I decided to change it to 165 to give me a little cushion.

Today, I weighed in at 174.2 lbs, which puts my BMI at 25.0 and means I am officially in the "Healthy" category, at my original goal weight (that once felt so abstract and impossible to me), and only 9 lbs away from my ULTIMATE goal weight!

Before4.jpg
SmallSweater-1.jpg

Replies

• OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Looking awesome! I can't wait till I can post pictures in this thread. You're doing great!!!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Great work...you look fab!! :-))
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    You are gorgeous and I am SOOOOOOOO proud of you!
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    You look amazing.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Wow ! What great work.
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    So proud of you!! You look incredible. Keep up the great work
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    You were beautiful before, and you are beautiful now! But now, you are a much healthier person :D Well done! You are truly an inspiration :)
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    You look GREAT!!! Awesome job! (:
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Super inspiring. You are so lovely! Congratulations!
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    You're awesome!
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    You look wonderful!
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 194 Member
    amazing results!!! You're so much healthier b/c of it!! That's the most important part!!! Keep at it and then keep maintaining! :)
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    you look so much happier :-)
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Amazing transformation! Way to go!!! You should be SO proud of yourself!
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Congratulations on making it to your healthy zone! When you said this, " my original goal weight (that once felt so abstract and impossible to me)", it really helped me put my goal into perspective-to make it seem attainable. I'm about 5' 9.5" and my goal weight is 170. That number still seems so far away, but after reading about your journey and accomplishments, I feel more confident that I can reach it.
    Thank you and, again, congratulations! You look fantastic.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Hi you look awesome. Lots of hard work there.

Do you mind if I ask how many calories you are eating now? are you at maintenance? I know you are a little taller than I but just curious.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Great progress. You look so much healthier... Recommend taking a full body pic for the after shot. I think the difference would be even more dramatic. Super job though.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,757 Member
    You look awesome!! That smile on your face says it all!! Great job and good luck reaching your ultimate goal!!
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Wow! You totally look like a different person! I am so amazed at before and after pics. Great job! Congrats on making it to your original goal and a healthy BMI. Can't wait to get there myself. You are truly an inspiration!
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Awesome, you killed it. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!