real eggs vs. egg substitute?

Options
13»

Replies

• marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Egg substitute. Less cholesterol and few calories but still has alot of protein
  • mgibbzzz
    mgibbzzz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would stick with the real eggs and look at other ways to lower calories. I use eggs from my gree range chickens. So much better to eat that fake eggs.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Real eggs all the way. As in the whole egg.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I use the Costco brand of egg beaters along with one real (whole egg) to cut calories and cholesterol. The other day, I made my scrambled eggs all with the Costco egg beaters (same as the brand name "Egg Beaters" and find they stick to the pan too much. The taste is the same to me but then I load my eggs with smoked paprika, generic all purpose herb seasoning (same as Mrs. Dash original) and Tabasco 2011 Private Reserve sauce.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My outlook has always been get as close to the natural product as possible. I try to eat brown eggs, because those are the local eggs for my neck of the woods.
    I also try not to use fake sugars (like equal or splenda), I will choose sugar in the raw if available or regular sugar.

People weren't as overweight before all these highly processed foods came out. I think this has a lot to do with the obesity epidemic. I don't know for sure, but it works for me!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    My outlook has always been get as close to the natural product as possible. I try to eat brown eggs, because those are the local eggs for my neck of the woods.
    I also try not to use fake sugars (like equal or splenda), I will choose sugar in the raw if available or regular sugar.

People weren't as overweight before all these highly processed foods came out. I think this has a lot to do with the obesity epidemic. I don't know for sure, but it works for me!

Aye, the blindingly simple advice "Just Eat Real Food" can cure all manner of ills.

There is so much processed junk out there we have become blinded to the fact that if you just stick to a natural diet (not something in a can/packet with 'natural' on it) the body will sort the rest out.

The vast majority of food industry and it's dependant cousin, the drug industry, is making us, as a whole, sick.

The fact that it is harder to get cheap veggies and other Real Foods than some refined junk is a shocking state of affairs.
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    :smile: A dozen eggs are really cheap, cheaper then the egg beaters anyway. I just seperate the whites from the yolks. I have gone from using one egg with two egg whites to four egg whites. You get used to the taste, and I think its only 75 calories for four large egg whites.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I just use egg whites instead. Usually 1 whole egg and 2-3 whites. I far prefer the taste and you don't have to worry about the extra sodium.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I use Naturegg 100% REAL egg whites too, tried another brand but it weirded me out and had other ingredients. I can't bring myself to throw out perfectly good egg yolks (and I dont bake) so if I'm not at the limit of my daily fats (happens often) I usually have 1 whole egg + 1/2 cup whites, tons of protein. If I have had my 30% fats for the day, I'll just scramble some of the whites.
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Always choose "real" food and GONE are the days where nutritionist say to eat only the egg white! The whole egg is all very very healthy...perfect really! Great low cal protein!!!!!!