From "Morbidly Obese" to "Healthy" BMI -- PICS!

Options

Replies

• Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are beautiful!!! I love the transformation!! Now that is some motivation!! :happy:
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! You look so skinny and healthy!
  • jackiekerr63
    jackiekerr63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!! i have the same amout to lose, thanks for the inpiration x :flowerforyou:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I want a before and after in the same clothes :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!! Such an acheivement - super well done
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You're half the woman you used to be!!! You're a true inspiration! :)
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Love your smile. Congratulations on a great achievement. Give me hope.
  • iamnoangel
    Options
    Congratulations, what an amazing journey! You are truly an inspiration, its stories like yours that keep me going and motivated thank you for sharing !!
  • TheNewCrystal
    Options
    WOW! You dont even look like the same person. I am in the same boat you USED to be in. Started at 310, and now Im down to 285, got a ways to go but one day Ill be where you are :) Congrats!

When I started this journey, I was over 300 lbs (305, to be exact) on a 5'10" frame-- this put me at a BMI of 43.8 and in the "Morbidly Obese" category.

***Let me say, I realize that BMI is not everything, that it is not necessarily the best measurement for a tall person, and that it does not account for muscle mass. However, when I began looking for what my "goal" would be, it gave me somewhere to start.***

I set my original goal weight at the top of the "Healthy" category (174), but as I began to lose weight, I decided to change it to 165 to give me a little cushion.

Today, I weighed in at 174.2 lbs, which puts my BMI at 25.0 and means I am officially in the "Healthy" category, at my original goal weight (that once felt so abstract and impossible to me), and only 9 lbs away from my ULTIMATE goal weight!

Before4.jpg
    SmallSweater-1.jpg
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What an awesome transformation!! Congrats!!!
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    Awesome Job.. would love to know how you did such a great job.
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look amazing great job.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    When I started this journey, I was over 300 lbs (305, to be exact) on a 5'10" frame-- this put me at a BMI of 43.8 and in the "Morbidly Obese" category.

***Let me say, I realize that BMI is not everything, that it is not necessarily the best measurement for a tall person, and that it does not account for muscle mass. However, when I began looking for what my "goal" would be, it gave me somewhere to start.***

I set my original goal weight at the top of the "Healthy" category (174), but as I began to lose weight, I decided to change it to 165 to give me a little cushion.

Today, I weighed in at 174.2 lbs, which puts my BMI at 25.0 and means I am officially in the "Healthy" category, at my original goal weight (that once felt so abstract and impossible to me), and only 9 lbs away from my ULTIMATE goal weight!

Before4.jpg
    SmallSweater-1.jpg

You look GREAT!!! Way to stick with it after all this time. It's so hard to stay motivated and not fall off track, good for you! :) I am 5'1" and weigh right around 180, which is obese for my frame. So I'm working to get it off! I have to lose at least 50 pounds to be on the top of the heathly end. I've been on and off MFP for a little while now, but I've logged in for 20 days straight logging my food and exercise and I am not turning back! I've gotta make a change!! Seeing posts like yours just makes my journey even more worth it because I know hard work pays off!
  • kateparker1982
    Options
    Amazing job! You are truly an inspiration!!!!
  • shanel97654
    shanel97654 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing!!!! Awesome job!
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great job!

A "normal" BMI is my goal too.
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations for an awesome post and a wonderful accomplishment.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Can you say OMG!!! lol love it you look amazeing.. please share how you did it!!
  • elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You've always been a beautiful woman, and now you are a healthy beautiful woman. Well done!
  • looking4lisa
    looking4lisa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! You look amazing! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!