Will Clean Eating help my tummy shrink?

Options
13»

Replies

• marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Last summer I was right around my goal weight, was doing cardio 4x a week and strength training 3x a week yet my stomach was still flabby. I spent 2 weeks eating "clean" (to me)... this meant I was eating fish, veggies, fruit, chicken, nuts... I cut out a LOT of stuff (sugar, processed foods, bread, potatoes, pasta) and still met my calorie goals (was not eating at a greater calorie deficit than before) and within the first week my stomach was MUCH smaller. By the end of the second week my abs were showing. It was the flattest my stomach has ever been (and when I stopped eating that way, my stomach changed). I know people don't think it makes a difference but maybe for some people (like me) it does. Try it out if you want, or don't if you don't think it's for you. Everyone is going to have a different opinion.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,685 Member
    Options
    Why do some people feel like they have to be insulting when they add their OPINION to a post, Everyone has something valuable to say whether you agree or not. My opinion is there are many ways to lose weight, but only ONE way to become HEALTHY and its not by consuming a bunch of processed, refined, genetically modified or engineered toxic foods. Getting back to the original question...clean eating will not 'alone' help your tummy to shrink, but overall is 'healthier' for your body, that's my OPINION:bigsmile:
    Getting healthy has a lot more to do with than just eating food. If clean food was all it took, then illness would be NON EXISTANT with clean eaters. Exercise, rest, less stress, non risk behavior (smoking EX), environment (cleaner air and water EX), genetics and emotional happiness all have a hand in health.
    If you ate clean and did NONE or lack a lot of the others, chances are you won't be as healthy as you think. And that's not opinion, it's fact.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Clean eating will help you lose weight simply because there is less enjoyable food to eat, or alternatively
    you'd have to make it all from scratch, which is such a pain.

Basically it's a way to fool yourself into having calorie reduction.

Maybe for you but as a chef, I can make plenty of clean meals that are awesome. Cooking from scratch is not a pain to me. It's my life! It's what I do. The best ingredients prepared with skill and love. I can eat tons of "clean food" calories!! LOL
    Quoting simply because I'm about as addicted to clean foods as most people are to junk foods. I couldn't sleep last night because I was craving avocado, and then my eyes shot open upon the realization that there was a half an avocado in the fridge.