Anybody over 55 - 60 yrs old on here

Options
Hi all, I am kinda a new and have only been on MFP for just short of a month, Everybody seems quite young. Just was wondering if any 55++ members on here. I am 61 soon to be 62 in May.

I have lost over 80 lbs with weight watchers and got to goal in 2007. Have struggled and now have about 25 lbs to lose. The older you get the harder it is to lose it.

How is everybody doing who is and senior.

Replies

• PatBland
    PatBland Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am over 60+++ and have been on MFP since January 25.This has been really great for me. Actually have had more success than with Weight Watchers. I am losing consistently every week, which never happened with WW. Think having done WW has helped with choices, etc. Find myself saying how many points I have left for the day rather than calories - he he he. We will have to keep in touch.
  • Dartmouth501
    Dartmouth501 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, not 55 yet but getting there. Been on since Feb and having great success. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • shuttlefan
    Options
    Hi, I am over 60, will be 65 in June. I have been on MFP since July 2011 and have lost 20 pounds. It has been a struggle but have managed to have a loss most weeks. I am on thyroid medication which I understand can sometimes make weight loss a little harder. Would like to keep in touch with you and help each other as we continue on our weight loss journey. :smile:
  • billtownsend
    billtownsend Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am 55, welcome and congratulations on your weight loss. I am trying to get back into it again, so although I have been here almost a year, it never ends.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    55 here and struggling after 90 days. WW vet too. This site is much easier and free! But I question the nutrient goal numbers and puffed up cals burned for exercise
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just joined a few minutes ago and I will be 61 in May.

Good to see there are others in my age bracket here!
  • 4theonesiluv
    Options
    Well, you know how I'm doing!! Thanks for starting this thread... ;D