Wanting to lose 10 more pounds by July.. is it possible?

Options
I've been sort of plateauing at 155 lbs, (I exercise 4x a week, 30-45 minutes of cardio & lifting on 3 of those days.) I usually burned about 300, but all last week I burned 400 instead and went down to 154 but with a grumbly/hungry stomach. Not so much that it was unbearable, but I could definitely eat something more to make it stop.

It took me about 4 months to lose 10 pounds, only because I was messing/playing around & seeing what worked for me.

I'm sort of lost now. My nutritionist told me to eat 1738 calories on days I work out and 1390 on days I'm sedentary/not exercising. Does that still apply if I burn 400 calories in my workouts? No longer 300 calories?

& do you personally think I will able to each 145 by July?

I guess I need some guidance.

Replies

• airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    3.33 pounds a month isn't too impossible, but, then again, I'm still considered obese BMI wise, and my weight drops faster than someone who is already so close to their ideal weight range.

I think people are going to ask how tall you are, what your activity level is, and what you've been eating and doing for exercise in the past before they attempt to give you advice. XD
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I think it's possible. Get serious about your food. Cut out some of the processed food and eat more natural whole foods. Switch up your workout routine. Add some HIIT. Try a few weeks of low carb.

I would follow the recommendation of your nutritionist. Those calories seem to be in line with your goals.

Good luck.
  • JohnnyVegas39
    Options
    i agree with chacha... "get serious about your food" is actually excellent advice. everytime i've plateaued i've had to re-evaluate my eating and sure enough i find stuff that shouldn't be in there. at least not on a daily or semi daily basis. and sure enough the weight starts to come off again. I've recently gotten REALLY serious about my food and before that i was pretty sure 1-2 lbs was the most i could lose in a week. well as of last week i managed over 4 lbs in one week lost. It's taken me since July to go from 260 (ish) to 226 now. but with my new eating habits, 200 lbs by July is entirely possible. Again, don't cheat yourself. get serious. manage your carbs and fat intake, not just calories. i think you'll see the weight slowly start to come off again.
  • strive2behealthy
    strive2behealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I guess I'm gonna start switching it up! I'll go grociery shopping soon & add some new stuff. I've already been really good about my eating, especially staying in my fat/sugars but sometimes our bodies crave new things. I guess I just need to get my mind ON it & focused.
  • gloria777cruz
    Options
    Just keep it up, my goal as well is 145 by july. I started at the gym in January and have lost already 15 lbs love seeing the weight drop, mi do Zumba and Ujam 5 times a week and a little class training the other days and I feel great 8 more lbs to go ;)
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    They are right, its totally within reach. Also, I dropped 5 lbs in a month by not eating any bread or wheat based products (found out I have a gluten allergy and have since discovered gluten free bread =P). But it was a good boost! Good luck, girly :)
  • greyrealm
    greyrealm Posts: 12
    Options
    Try eating more frequently. My husband dropped 17 pounds, my daughter 8, and me 14 by eating every hour and staying within our calorie range. I am never hungry for more than 15 minutes and my energy has gone through the roof !