Need help...

Options
Whenever I run my head feels really light and my legs start to act like they want to lock up. I don't know what it is. I mean I know I am out of shape but I have Been running all week from 1-3 times a day. I always try to go a mile in a half but my body is feeling worse and worse. Any suggestions.

P.s. I drink a lot of water before and after so I know I'm not dehydrated.

Replies

• jpoplover08
    jpoplover08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try doing a shorter run at a time for a little while, and then gradually and steadily start increasing the distance? Another thing would be, are you sure you're eating enough calories? When I don't eat enough my body feels really tired and weak. :/ That might be it? I would also try doing some other type of cardio exercise if running isn't working out too well and is making you feel a bit sick. There are tons of other exercises you could do that wouldn't make you feel that way! :) Good luck!
  • melissafranks90
    Options
    Thankyou so much, I will definitely take your advice. :)
  • Catz15
    Catz15 Posts: 19
    Options
    You need to get a good warm up before u run...that is ur muscles needs to be flexed/stretched, they need blood flow. I usually start slow...then up my pace...brisk walk and then switch to run/jog. Another pointer is don't take big stride, many of us think the bigger the stride the better the work out but u will only burn out faster. Try interval training, that is slow fast, slow fast...the slow pace will give u recovery time to power up again. I read alot about walking and its techniques hence the information. Hope it is helpful. Good luck.
  • melissafranks90
    Options
    Thankyou so much I appreciate it:)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Try C25k. it is an interval training program designed to increase fitness and endurance. It works - my 5 mile run last week is proof! I didn't start out running 5 miles, or 1 mile, or even 0.5 miles continuously. I worked up to that by consistently challenging myself in small increments!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    might need some pre run shake to make sure you have the energy.