What vitamins and supplements do you take and what for?

Options
2»

Replies

• doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Waste of money, you don't need them if you eat right unless there is something wrong with you. Spend the money at the gym or on better food.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    A multivitamin - all around coverage
    b-100 complex - extra b vitamins
    magnesium - it's responsible for a lot of stuff and I know I don't get enough from food
    vitamin d - I don't get enough sun
    niacin - not in the multivitamin, good for cholesterol, mental health, and longevity
    extra zinc - good for making testosterone
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Vitamin D because my joints were aching. LOL.
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin.
    I also take a hair, skin and nails supplement- my skin is good, but my hair is a mess and my nails are very brittle.

That's all I take, aside from my antidepressant :)
  • sabumafoo
    Options
    I take the ONE a day for girl Teen Multivitamins, just because my body needs them (all bodies need them sometimes)
    I also take vitamin D3, because my vitamin D3 is low and my bones need that,
    and I take calcium, because of my bones as well.
  • CMD76
    CMD76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I take Glucosamine, 1000mg daily for my joints because I am 36 and a little cronky and 3000mg Evening Primrose Oil daily because my PMT is a *****.
  • sphinxdust
    sphinxdust Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lots of great varied responses here! SInce everyone has a different body with different environmental factors that affect different genetic factors, what's sufficient or insufficient for one will not be the same for another. However, with standardized nutrition and fitness across different genetic variables, more people will tend to agree.
    I add my vitamins into my food diary, so if you are friends with me on here, you can see what I eat daily, even supplements.
    My personal vitamin regimen at the moment is Universal Nutrition's Animal Pak. I've arrived at this daily multi-pack after consuming absolutely no vitamins for a loooong time, to adding a cheap multi-vitamin in one pill bought at Rite-Aid, called something like Men's Formula (which made a difference!), to a great 3-pill multi called Opti-Men, to finally Animal Pak, which is fantastic for all-around vitamins with no iron (important) for people who lift weights like crazy in the gym (me).
    I also take the joint pack by the same company called Animal Flex, which is also a great joint-only pack, as long as you aren't allergic to shellfish because of the hyaluronic acid.
    I take other supplements that are protein powders and pre- and post-wokout drinks, but as far as things in pill form, I also supplement my meals with CLA geltabs, CoQ10 sometimes, Glutamine, and that's about it.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone for responding!