is it wrong to hate a certain race?

Options
engineman312
engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
i like doing shorter races like 5k's and sprint triathlons, but some of my friends are into marathons and ironman's, and i just hate the idea of going for that long.

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you feel good about yourself man! I only run 5k's myself and am very proud of myself. I climb small mountains too but have no desire to conquer Everest!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I've never run *any* race. I hate running, so I probably hate all races. I want to try a 5k though. Especially a tough mudder or warrior dash.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I hate Drow Elves!

Cheeky *kitten*!!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    racist.

5K is my warmup :P
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    Yes. Yes it's wrong. Don't be hatin' on the races. Thought you of all people could go for longer :p
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm only interested in doing races with man-made obstacles. Non-obstacles races are lesser races in my eyes and should have their own separate, not equal, status.
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've never run *any* race. I hate running, so I probably hate all races. I want to try a 5k though. Especially a tough mudder or warrior dash.

Warrior Dash was GREAT!! I couldn't *run* the whole thing (lost my inhaler early on and didn't wanna die alone out in the woods), but had a BLAST!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I'm only interested in doing races with man-made obstacles. Non-obstacles races are lesser races in my eyes and should have their own separate, not equal, status.

This is not a "race". It is an obstacle course. 5Ks are for 2-pump chumps. :tongue:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I hate Drow Elves!

Cheeky *kitten*!!!!

Jarlaxle rocks, though.
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options

This makes you a racist. No race is superior to another race. I should report your *kitten*
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to run a damned 5k without dying... I have a goal for one by the end of the summer.
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    Ah I see what you did there xD
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Haven't you heard? All races are created equally!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I hate every race . I just want to run without having to pay a fee and wearing a number
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

This is not a "race". It is an obstacle course. 5Ks are for 2-pump chumps. :tongue:

Scientific studies have shown that races with walls to scale and junk cars to climb are physically superior races to those without. They are the next evolutionary stage of average races involving only running.

They are the future. They are Cursus Superior.
  • Beastette
    Options
    I hate every race . I just want to run without having to pay a fee and wearing a number

Your race is superior.

Without a tee and a medal, how can you prove it? A question for the ages.
  • yoovie
    Options

This makes you a racist. No race is superior to another race. I should report your *kitten*

He said 'in my eyes' - totally acceptable.

I love long distance races where I can slow down to a walk sometimes and take pictures and savor the day - im like the epicurian of runners. For me, running any distance without stopping to take pictures is a huge obstacle

Also- running on the sidewalks in new york IS an obstacle course.

hills, moving targets, more hills, slopes, bent up cracked uneven sidewalks, horse poop in the parks, loose basement doors on the sidewalk, random wild children appearing out of nowhere, suddenly blocked paths where you have to climb over fences, stairs, more stairs, chinese delivery bikes, drunk people, i could go on

one of the best though is running through a big group of pigeons and scattering them everywhere bwhahahaha

yes Im a child
  • Beastette
    Options

Scientific studies have shown that races with walls to scale and junk cars to climb are physically superior races to those without. They are the next evolutionary stage of average races involving only running.

They are the future. They are Cursus Superior.

You've been reading "The Bell Curve" again, which tells me they've been secretly teaching you to read. *reported*
  • sawyermark
    sawyermark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    How can you hate Drizzt!?!?!
  • yoovie
    Options

Your race is superior.

Without a tee and a medal, how can you prove it? A question for the ages.

by logging it :D