People who run with their dogs? (tiny bit icky)

Options

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    You appear, in your rush to be offended, to have missed the point of the thread.
    I'm not offended.
    Given that you don't like dogs, own a dog, or run, quite what did you feel you could offer to a well intentioned query... other than being a prat?
    I was commenting on specific advice I did not agree with. Other advice that I did agree with, I ignored. What I felt I could offer a well intentioned query was a point of view, my point of view, the point of view of a non-dog owner. In essence: take your mess with you, don't put it in strangers' bins, leave it beside the country path or flick it into a bush where children might play.
    If being a prat was, indeed, your intention, then mission accomplished mate. Well done you!
    At no point have I insulted you, so I don't see how this is constructive. I also don't see how I've been a prat by sharing my point of view.
    And sliding off topic slightly.... Do you think having a disclaimer about 'not meaning to be offensive' in your profile makes you any less of a twit when you deliberately attempt to be so?
    I have not 'deliberately attempted to be a twit', not at all. I have shared an opinion but because my opinion isn't agreed upon my sideburns, location and other aspects of my profile have been brought into question: including my right to post on this thread at all.

Perhaps we should get back on topic?

Seriously dude, give it a rest. You aren't adding anything of value to this thread.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    A. run on trash day when all the bins are out ;)
    If anyone put their dog's mess in MY bin I'd be furious!
    ...fields in the country side so no need to pick up
    What rot, there is nothing worse than going for a nice country walk and stepping in someone else's dog's mess.
    stick and flick
    Absolutely disgusting.

I don't have a dog because I cannot stand the mess... having dog owners thrusting their mess upon me is terribly inconsiderate.

Agree with all of the above.

EDIT: Although perhaps would have put it more delicately. However, stumbling (literally sometimes) on other people's dog mess is a horrible experience!:(
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    We found this very handy leash which has its own compartment for plastic bags! See if there is any in pet stores near where you live? :)
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree, thanks for being considerate about your dog's poo. I have the same problem. Sometimes I plan a loop past my driveway and can toss bag there until I get back. But I have gotten used to the grossness and will put bag in a pocket sometimes. Honestly, I am so smelly after a run and my clothes are going straight into the wash anyway, what difference does a bag of poo make?
    Please use biodegradable bags!
  • carefulkate
    carefulkate Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A friend bought me a bag made of the same stuff they use for wet suits with a zip and an airfreshner thing inside with dog bags in the lid at a country show in UK it clips to your belt but all safe inside I use it all the time with t
    mine xxx
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

only type we have left in australia and now we have to pay if we want them!
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I agree, thanks for being considerate about your dog's poo. I have the same problem. Sometimes I plan a loop past my driveway and can toss bag there until I get back. But I have gotten used to the grossness and will put bag in a pocket sometimes. Honestly, I am so smelly after a run and my clothes are going straight into the wash anyway, what difference does a bag of poo make?

hehe, just remember to take that bag out BEFORE sticking your clothes in the wash!:laugh:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    A. run on trash day when all the bins are out ;)
    If anyone put their dog's mess in MY bin I'd be furious!
    ...fields in the country side so no need to pick up
    What rot, there is nothing worse than going for a nice country walk and stepping in someone else's dog's mess.
    stick and flick
    Absolutely disgusting.

I don't have a dog because I cannot stand the mess... having dog owners thrusting their mess upon me is terribly inconsiderate.

Agree with all of the above.

EDIT: Although perhaps would have put it more delicately. However, stumbling (literally sometimes) on other people's dog mess is a horrible experience!:(

Which is, quite clearly, why so many responsible dog owners have taken the time and energy to contribute sensible thoughts to this thread.

I get quite angry when people don't clean up after their dogs too. Hence the thread....
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    http://www.wagnload.com/dog-poop-bags-choices/

I don't know if this is an option where you live.... do a google search for dog leash holding poop bags.
    I haven't tried it, I actually don't mind holding the squishy, stinky thin plastic bag of poo until I find a trash bin. :happy:
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My darn dog, a Dingo, will poop, AS SHE IS WALKING, call that talented..until you step in it..I always bring several bags. It doesn't bother me to carry it, I was RN, seem, smelled, and held, much fouler things than dog poo.

I really like the idea of the dog pack tho. Will try that, maybe she can carry my water bottle, cell, and keys too.

Ain't nobody gettin' a free ride in my house anymore!! ha ha.

Happy Easter, HE HAS RISEN!!

In faith, Nicolette

Just a warning to anyone who is thinking about using a doggie backpack and has never used one before. Yes the dog can carry your keys, water bottles, cell's etc. but, you should introduce weight slowly and evenly on both sides in order to not harm your dog. I would do a bit of research before just putting one on your dog.
    Just don't want anyone to injure their pooch!! :smile:
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can actually get leashes with zipper pouches on them, specifically to carry poop-filled baggies. Also, there are doggie cargo "vests" with zipper pouches all over, convenient for making Fido pack his own poop out.
  • KateJo84
    KateJo84 Posts: 25
    Options
    You're funny! I run with my border collie, and do a couple different things with the poo. If we are running a route where we run to a destination and back - I will bag the poo and pick it up on my way back. I also try to run a route where I know I will pass at least one dumpster or trash bin, and if worse comes to worse, I tie the poo onto my dogs leash (she has a 10 ft) leash and I tie it down more by her.

If you do start running with your puppy, remember to break them in -- dogs can't just start running 3 miles.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just bring a dog treat with you, then once the pooch drops the deuce, go ahead and put the treat into the pile like a little cherry on top!
    DOG RECYCLING will solve your problems! Just let nature take its course :D
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just bring a dog treat with you, then once the pooch drops the deuce, go ahead and put the treat into the pile like a little cherry on top!
    DOG RECYCLING will solve your problems! Just let nature take its course :D

I'm sorry everyone. My fiance decided he wanted to be funny and took over my account. I tried to stop him, but he pushed the button too soon...
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Start your walk/jog in an area where you know there is a garbage can nearby and once your dog goes, scoop it, toss it and then start the real part of your run.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i as a runner, would like to thank you and all the other who DO pick up. where i live, no one picks it up. so while i am running on a sidewalk, i have to dodge it. not fun.
    so thank you all who pick up your pets poo...
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I take my dog for a long walk before I go for my run. I consider it as my warm up. That way I don't have to worry about poo while I run, or stopping every minute when he wants to smell something. Plus, my dog can't keep up with me.
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If I am no where near a trash can then I leave it bagged in the gutter and come right back for it with the car. I am fortunate though that there are a few churches along my route that have bins because I swear one of my dogs will ONLY poop when out on a run. Never in the yard before or after! LOL!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I got my dog one of these doggie bag holders. I got it from the £ shop, and you just slip it on to their collar. It looks cute, and it's practical ;)
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I got my dog one of these doggie bag holders. I got it from the £ shop, and you just slip it on to their collar. It looks cute, and it's practical ;)

Not sure the dog would agree about how pleasant it is though! :laugh: