Is 1 Kilo 2.2lbs a week a realistic goal?

Hi - I have just started using MFP and also just started trying to lose weight and improve my health. Is there anyone who was/is about the same weight and height as me and can tell me if a goal of 1Kg (2lb) a week is realistic? I know it will become harder the smaller I get but do you think the first 1-2 months it would be a fair guess? Also how many cals did you eat a days?

Height - 164cm - 5'5
CW - 85kg - 185.2lb
Age 34
Female

Thanks

Em

Replies

• junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    I am near the same height as you, I was advised 2lbs a week is a good goal for as the slower it comes off the longer it will stay off, I am also new to this, and looking to add friends so i can share progress, please feel free to add me,
    I am from Scotland and doing this alone, it can be quite hard, but will get there in the long run, xx
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    yip its a realistic goal
  • you should aim to lose 1 - 2 pounds a week. thats the healthy way so i think you got the right idea!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    1200 cal. a day is the lowest a female can go, and still expect to lose weight. Also, I believe it is possible, and that you can healthy.

citing

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/calorie-intake-to-lose-weight.php
  • OzEmma
    OzEmma Posts: 12
    Great thanks for all the advice!

Em
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Best of luck,
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    It is possible...I was losing about 1kilo a week for a while. It's tough tough, you have to be strict with what you eat and maintain 1000cal/day deficit. Just don't go under 1200 in trying to do it. Good luck!