Who else uses their Wii as their own home gym ?

Options
I might make a group about this so we can discuss games, tips etc but I don't want to it if I'm the only member x[

the workout games I have for Wii are:

Wii fit
EA sports active
Wii Sports Resort
Zumba 1 & 2

Replies

• LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit. I play on Wii Fit plus, Zumba and Just Dance 3.

I've started doing the set beginner routine on the Zumba to break myself into it, currently its Monday's and Thursday's. In a week or so I'm gonna go onto the intermediate ones.
    I do step on the wii fit, some days with weights, and the yoga on there too

:happy:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'll use my wii fit more once I get a new balance board... I got my wii used and the balance board is shot.

Like it'll since for like a minute then stop
  • Araucaria29
    Araucaria29 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2. It would help if I had a schedule with other people for accountability :tongue:
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I alternate it with other things but it's a big part of my rountine.

I alternate Wii Fit, Zumba 1 and Biggest Loser Workout for Wi so I tend to use this for 2-3 out of my 6 workouts each week!
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i do when the weather is crappy....i haven't actually been on it in about a month now...blah...but i have been outside walking during the week...and i LOVE walking so much better than being stuck inside the house...or i just jump on the elliptical...

but i have Wii fit plus and The Biggest Looser Challenge on the Wii....i think wednesday or thursday i'll be getting on that though cause of the rain
  • Sagetheplace
    Sagetheplace Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love my wii in the beggining of my journey I used to use it alot. Now I dont use it all the time but I still love my wii days! I have EA active, and EA active more workouts, Exerbeat, Gold's Gym Dance, and Wii Walk it out. I love them all!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I love my wii in the beggining of my journey I used to use it alot. Now I dont use it all the time but I still love my wii days! I have EA active, and EA active more workouts, Exerbeat, Gold's Gym Dance, and Wii Walk it out. I love them all!

you said exerbeat twice xD
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Same here. I used it at the beginning of my weight loss as I had a weird work schedule and there was no point in getting a gym membership at the time. I liked that it was interactive and since I had access to it at home, I had no excuse. EA Active and EA Active More Workouts were the only ones I really liked (granted, this was over a year ago now, so I'm sure there are other good ones out there!). My Wii is now collecting dust as I workout at the gym, but for 6months, it was my best friend and my biggest nightmare...but it helped me lose 20lbs!
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    i use my wii as well as some dvds. love the games that seem fun but gets ya go. i have wii fit plus and ea sports but don't do the ea sports much since it doesn't read all of my movements. also have a biggest loser game
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii!!!

Wii fit with balance board

just dance

and kick boxing! (with balance board)

Looking for more!!!
  • CShepherd91
    Options
    I love Zumba on the Wii! I try to do it at least twice a week. I've never been to proper classes, but I've heard the Wii routines are harder than those taught in classes! eeep!

I'm not very co-ordinated, and I cannot dance... but even if you're not following the moves properly, its a good way of getting every single part of your body moving! love it.
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I need to get more wii games but I use just dance sometimes as part of my work outs. My 3 yr old son loves doing it with me and picking the songs we dance too. I do other stuff too but need to break down and buy other wii games I can use as part of my work outs.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I just got the Wii two weeks ago. I am not too impressed with the Wii Fit Plus but I LOVE the Zumba 2...Talk about work up a sweat! I really need that. Just did it 2 days in a row and my calves are so sore....Hurts so good! LOL. I ordered Lets Dance 3 and I will be dancing in my living room sweating away the pounds. Also love to ride my bike on nice days.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love using the Wii for exercise. I like the Rhythm Boxing on the Wii Fit Plus and the Obstacle Course. We just got Zumba 2 this weekend. I did one of the medium length classes but didn't have the remote in the belt correctly so it didn't measure my movements. I still got a good workout though. It is nice to incorporate the Wii workouts into other workout routines.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I use a ps3 as its better than the wii for sensing movement but its the same idea :-)

I have a boxing game and ea sports active 2
  • LilRedPitViper
    Options
    I love EA Sports Active. The 30 day challenge is named aptly. :)

I'd really love to get a Zumba game, but I fear I just don't have the coordination for it. Or the space in my apartment. :/
  • QueenDiva27
    Options
    I was hard core on my WII but I got tired of it and have not done it a long while. I enjoy the Michael Jackson expirence because its dance and fun.. I have the zumba, but when you have awesome instructors then doing the zumba on the Wii just does not compare.
  • jamierose86
    Options
    Just bought Zumba for the Wii....I love the classes, but the game is great too! Allows me a little more freedom in getting in to the moves, less embarrassment. :)
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely addicted to Walk it Out!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I don't use it much anymore since getting a treadmill, but wii fit helped me lose the first 100 pounds. Took me from morbidly obese to someone that can run a 5K and is working through 30DS. It annoys me to hear anyone discount it as a serious tool. (not that anyone has here that I've seen, but I've seen it)

I have Zumba as well, but I'm seriously uncoordinated and it wasn't a good fit for me. Great exercise though!