HRM please give me advice on a good one

Options
hubkal
hubkal Posts: 125 Member
I use a fitbit regularly and I love it, but now that I am getting more fit and more dedicated I would like to move to a HRM. What is the one you use and do you wear it all day or just when you work out? I want a comfortable one that is NOT cumbersome or difficult to use and understand.

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit regularly and I love it, but now that I am getting more fit and more dedicated I would like to move to a HRM. What is the one you use and do you wear it all day or just when you work out? I want a comfortable one that is NOT cumbersome or difficult to use and understand.

Polar FT4 here, it has a chest-strap that is very comfortable and is super-easy-peasey to set up and use. Got it off Amazon, it arrived within two days.

I only wear it during workouts, as HRMs are not reliable or accurate when worn if just pottering about or sitting still etc. They are only meant for when exercising see.
  • lizblizz28
    lizblizz28 Posts: 166
    Options
    bump for later

I'm also look for a good HRM :)
  • allierae14
    allierae14 Posts: 167
    Options

Polar FT4 here, it has a chest-strap that is very comfortable and is super-easy-peasey to set up and use. Got it off Amazon, it arrived within two days.

I only wear it during workouts, as HRMs are not reliable or accurate when worn if just pottering about or sitting still etc. They are only meant for when exercising see.

I have an FT4 too and love it. I got mine at D ick's Sporting Goods
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    I recommend the Zephyr Bioharness or the basic Zephyr HRM. The Bioharness is definitely more accurate because it tracks respiration and body temperature in addition to your heart rate, but the basic HRM is probably sufficient for most people. :smile:
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 here as well! It was recommended by so many people on here and they were all right....I LOVE IT! I only wear it when I work out. No reason to wear it all day. Unless I'm out doing lawn work and what not.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ditto....I need a new one. Currently using Sportline watch from Walmart. I'm so sick of it taking 15 seconds or longer to find my heartbeat. I really want something with a chest strap.
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    polar ft4 and love it. Got it from Bodytronics.com coupon code POPO under 60 bucks
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 as well, and I love it. The watch part is very easy to set up (birth date for age, height, etc.), and the chest strap is a very soft, flexible stretchy material that sits just below your bra line and is undetectable beneath clothes (unless they're skin tight).

And same as above- wear it when you work out, or are out for a lot of walking that you normally (on your average day) don't do.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4 and only when I work out. It's great!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

I second the Polar FT4. I got mine from heartratemonitors.com on a sale for about $75 versus the one I saw at the store for 95. Go online and look for sales! It really is easy cheesy to use. :]
  • krueandliz
    krueandliz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 here. Love it and will not exercise without it.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4. Love it. I only wear mine during exercise.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    polar ft4 and love it. Got it from Bodytronics.com coupon code POPO under 60 bucks

Is that coupon code still good?
  • thinktank32k
    Options

Is that coupon code still good?

Yes
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4, got it last week from bodytronics for $61.88/free shipping. Very happy with it.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've got a Polar FT4 too. It's easy and does what I need. I would suggest Amazon as well...free shipping.
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and I love it!
    I do suggest you get one with a chest strap, they are more accurate.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Yet another polar ft4, and love it. Super easy to set up and use.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options

Same. I also use it when swimming.