After Workout Makeup tips?

Hey everyone.

I tried searching this but didn't find anything. So, here I am.

Do any of you ladies (or gents if that is your thing), have an amazing, or easy makeup tip for after the gym? Or, do you have a "must have" product that you use religiously after working out to keep the "sweaty I just worked hard in the gym" look away? I'm not looking for a specific problem fixer, just anything that you want to share! (Although, getting rid of the red face after would be kinda nice!)

My favorite is Lavender Oil in water. I have natural curly hair and a spritz of that before leaving the gym at least makes my hair not seem so sweaty and gives it a fresh scent.

So, reply away!

Thanks!

Replies

• szyja
    szyja Posts: 42
    Does nobody have a tip to share? :cry:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Washing your face with your choice of cleanser and cool water (should help with the redness in your face) ... and pat your face dry... :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Wash with a good quality cleanser. I use Clinique skincare products. I also really like the Clinique moisture surge gel moisturizer. It's wonderful. Goes on light and keep the skin soft and supple throughout the day.

I also used the superbalanced makeup that covers well. It takes away a lot of redness and blotchiness in the skin.

Unfortunately, it's not cheap but I found with makeup, you get what you pay for.
  • I love my LAura Mercier Mineral Powder. I cleanse, tone and moisturise, then I apply the powder, it gets rid of any redness and it's really light and natural :-)
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Here are some makeup tips:

1. Casual day after the gym:

After a sweaty workout, your face has a natural glow already because your sweat has eliminated most of your impurities. So a simple cleanser (e.g. cetaphil) should work to eliminate the rest. Apply make up to still give you the natural look.

First apply a light moisturizer (e.g. Oil of olay or garnier). Then apply a light bronzer to enhance the glow you have achieved from your sweaty workout OR apply a rosy blush ( this depends on your complexion).

Next apply a light colored eyeliner. I typically use gold or brown.

Lastly, apply a light mascara color. I use brown.

2. Glowing and soft skin -Apply baby oil on you skin when it is a little wet. It will not leave you skin heavy. I get compliment all the time for how radiant my skin looks. (This might not work if you have extremely dry skin)

If you want to take one more step further, there are light shimmer body sprays that you can spray over your body (Victoria Secret and B&BW has them)

3. If you are going on a date after the gym, please invest in primer. Although sweat eliminates impurities, sometimes a really intense workout can dehydrate your face. Wrinkles are a little more obvious. Primer will assist with that. Then apply your usual makeup

I hope this helps.
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    To deal with redness I use to use physicians formula powder. The green pallet. It works very well. It only takes a little of it though.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    Washing your face with your choice of cleanser and cool water (should help with the redness in your face) ... and pat your face dry... :)
    this is about what i do. i dont really need makeup after my workout because my skin looks pretty awesome afterwards.

i will add in a bit of eyeliner, mascara and gloss though, but foundation and blush are out
  • jmlynch502
    jmlynch502 Posts: 23 Member
    I work out at the school gym during my lunch break, so I don't generally have time to shower afterwards or do makeup. I just change and wash my face/neck with cleanser then just do eye makeup (usually just eyeliner) - the red face goes away after a little bit and leaves me with a natural blush/glowy look. I don't usually mind, since I just go to class afterwards and it's not like people are really looking at me - although I've had people ask me if I just went tanning since my face is red, haha!
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    I couldn't even imagine putting makeup on or hair spritz or whatever after a workout without a shower first. Are you really saying that you are looking for a way to hide the sweat smell or body oils from your workout? That's gross. Take a shower. But that's just me.
  • Nessa0506
    Nessa0506 Posts: 81
    I like the natural glow I have after a workout so its usually only a shower, some eye liner and lip gloss for me :)
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Dusting powder for my hair. I use Lush T for Toes. It absorbs moisture and smells great!
  • szyja
    I couldn't even imagine putting makeup on or hair spritz or whatever after a workout without a shower first. Are you really saying that you are looking for a way to hide the sweat smell or body oils from your workout? That's gross. Take a shower. But that's just me.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I do a quick run under the shower, but I only have one hour for lunch (when I workout), so I do not wash my hair as redoing hair and makeup would take most of the hour...I want my workout to take most of it! So, anything that helps with a quick re-do of the look is what I am looking for! :)
  • szyja
    THANKS LADIES! You guys are awesome! Perfect tips...I will look into getting some of those products! (In fact, I already have some of them too!!!)
    Cheers to all of you! :drinker: