Any HCG'ers out there?

Options
Hi All! I am new here and was wondering if anyone has used or is doing the HCG diet?

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Nope. Starvation just isn't my thing.
  • Eyetek67
    Eyetek67 Posts: 6
    Options
    For your information I do no feel starved. In fact I actually have a certain medical condition that is controlled with out my 600 dollar a month prescribed medication when I follow that diet....so instead of being rude please just be on your merry way.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Actually HCG is frowned upon around these parts. You'll see.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    For your information I do no feel starved. In fact I actually have a certain medical condition that is controlled with out my 600 dollar a month prescribed medication when I follow that diet....so instead of being rude please just be on your merry way.
    You arent going to find many nice replys on the HCG diet.
    It is banned from discussion on this site because it is generally considered unhealthy. This thread will be locked and deleted. And technically you are 'starving' whether you feel it or not. So what he said is actually accurate. No need to get upset.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    EDIT: So I don't sound like so much of a ****.

Check out some studies. HCG has been proven to have no effect besides a placebo.
  • Eyetek67
    Options
    NO problem! All I need to know is that my pancreas is functioning better than ever and my Dr. approves. Wont be back here again so don't worry.
  • Precious75134
    Precious75134 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I tried the HCG diet back in November of 2011. It was very hard, and I think people think the drops do the trick but i think that part is just a money making scheme...Anybody will lose weight with just eating 500 calories a day...I know it is not a healthy way of losing weight but back in April of last year, I quit smoking and it seemed like I couldn't lose any weight...I did the HCG just to give me a jump start again...When I posted something about it, of course everyone was very negative...But I know what works for me...It wasn't like I was going to continue eating 500 calories for the rest of my life and everyone said I would gain it all back and more....

Well I only did one round which was for 23 to 26 days and I lost 15 pounds and my colleague lost 20 pounds...Since then I have lost another 2 pounds because I've been on a few binges since then....However,,,I keep my mind on maintaining and trying to lose more weight more deligently...I have a personal trainer now and I do 1330 calories a day with workouts about 4 to 5 times a week...and sometimes I eat most of my exercise calories back..If I'm not hungry, I don't force myself to eat...that doesn't make sense to me...I say learn your own body...You know when it doesn't have enough fuel, water, etc.You know when it's too much exercise...Some people get over obsessed and you will find out on this site just like in other situations, there is always somebody who thinks they know it all...

Like I said, for me it was just a jumpstart on my weight loss...

I wish you the best on your journey...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It seems that most people who try this method gain back the weight when they stop. Hopefully, you are making lifestyle changes that won't make this an issue.

Best of luck.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a new doctor, one that is up to date on the research regarding this substance. There hasn't been a reputable study showing significant positive effects in at least 60 years.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    NO problem! All I need to know is that my pancreas is functioning better than ever and my Dr. approves. Wont be back here again so don't worry.

WTG!
  • Eyetek67
    Options
    I tried the HCG diet back in November of 2011. It was very hard, and I think people think the drops do the trick but i think that part is just a money making scheme...Anybody will lose weight with just eating 500 calories a day...I know it is not a healthy way of losing weight but back in April of last year, I quit smoking and it seemed like I couldn't lose any weight...I did the HCG just to give me a jump start again...When I posted something about it, of course everyone was very negative...But I know what works for me...It wasn't like I was going to continue eating 500 calories for the rest of my life and everyone said I would gain it all back and more....

Well I only did one round which was for 23 to 26 days and I lost 15 pounds and my colleague lost 20 pounds...Since then I have lost another 2 pounds because I've been on a few binges since then....However,,,I keep my mind on maintaining and trying to lose more weight more deligently...I have a personal trainer now and I do 1330 calories a day with workouts about 4 to 5 times a week...and sometimes I eat most of my exercise calories back..If I'm not hungry, I don't force myself to eat...that doesn't make sense to me...I say learn your own body...You know when it doesn't have enough fuel, water, etc.You know when it's too much exercise...Some people get over obsessed and you will find out on this site just like in other situations, there is always somebody who thinks they know it all...

Like I said, for me it was just a jumpstart on my weight loss...

I wish you the best on your journey...

Thank you for a kind thoughtful response. I understand that there are many people that may not agree but that doesn't give them permission to be rude. I have my reasons for doing what I do...and with my issues and being a mother of two I would never do anything that puts me in danger.
    I have done many diets and quite honestly I feel that I have learned the most about my relationship with food this time around. There are may variations to the HCG diet that mot people probably don't even care to know about and that is fine, but like I said, I have learned so much about myself. I had been having so many health issues that were very difficult to narrow down and by following the diet and then reintroducing foods back in slowly for the first time ever I was able to find out what really makes me sick....literally sick.

Again, thanks for the kind response.
    And as a side note....they are many closet HCG'ers on this site, trust me!
  • Eyetek67
    Options
    I would suggest a new doctor, one that is up to date on the research regarding this substance. There hasn't been a reputable study showing significant positive effects in at least 60 years.

I would suggest you go put your two cents in somewhere else since you have no idea what my medical condition is!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

I would suggest you go put your two cents in somewhere else since you have no idea what my medical condition is!

I would suggest you read the forum guidelines.

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

HCG threads fall in this category.
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Regards,
    Fish
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.