What's your favorite tea?

Options

Replies

• gimmewellness
    gimmewellness Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    my go to is Stash Earl Grey. i often put in steep green tea in too for the health benefits...not big on the taste of plain Green Tea. This winter I went crazy for Chai tea. Also this winter, Starbucks has a flavour that comes out at Christmas...Starbucks Joy. It is sooo good. I bought 4 boxes as it only comes out at Christmas. I was sad to see that supply end.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of black chai spice tea. Amazing stuff!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you have a teavana near you can sample teas there and pick out the one you want :)
    If you can find somewhere other than Teavana that sells loose leaf tea, go there instead. They are crazy over-priced. Mall store, go figure... It can take a little looking around, but I guarantee that you will get as good or better tea for much less.

As for me, I love my green tea and my red tea (red tea isn't actually tea, it is also called Rooibos or Honey Bush), but I also like tisane. Right now my favorite tisanes are Strawberry Lemon and a Ginseng Spice blend that I can't think of the name of right now, we also picked up a Strawberry Cardamom the other day that I am itching to try and just haven't yet.

OOH! and I make my own Green Tea Chai that is AMAZING!
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Twinnings of London Chai Tea. I love it with Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel Coffee-Mate
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Trader Joe's Ginger Pear Tea and I generally drink it iced.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for black tea, Yorkshire Gold, Barry's, and PG Tips are very good.
    For green tea, if you're just getting used to the taste, maybe try it mixed with Jasmine. Trader Joe's has a very nice Green Tea Jasmine, or lots of other brands (Celestial Seasonings, Stash, Numi, etc...) have similar blends. I also recommend white tea, as it has a very smooth taste and I believe is better for you than black tea. Oolong tea is great and is also very good for you.
    For herbal teas, Celestial Seasonings has a huge selection and is a pretty good standby. I have never been to a Teavana store yet, but I am looking forward to it when I can find one. I have a feeling they will have teas with a lot more complexity of flavor.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I like Jasmine tea-- I also like to blend Jasmine w Harvey and Son's Tropical Green. It has essense of pineapple in it.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Regular Irish breakfast tea. Second favorite is Trader Joe's Organic Cranberry Green Tea. Pricey but good.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,004 Member
    Options
    I love tea, my favorites are chai tea and good earth original. Also Costplus World Market has some good teas, they sell a cinnamon spice one that is awesome
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I never liked tea before going to Russia in 1993 ...now, I'm so hooked on Alexander II Black Tea......I love it with fresh seasonal berries and honey Russian style.

4526527.png[/url]
  • lgstone
    lgstone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tend to like African black teas from Malawi or Kenya. From Malawi, the Chisunga Estate BOP is a favorite when I can get it, though I often have to go for #2, Mboma Estate. From Kenya, I like Kapchorua Estate best.
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Peppermint and chai tea are my two favorites, along with the infamous green tea :) Happy Drinkings!
  • Azzne
    Azzne Posts: 17
    Options
    My personal favorite is called "Market Spice". It is blended in Seattle and comes in many different varieties which can be found on Amazon for a reasonable price. I tend to favor the loose leaf decaf. It is a black tea with citrus and spice (orange, clove, cinnamon etc). When brewed dark it has an amazing ability to taste sweet without sugar and I use it when I really feel the need for something sweet during my day. Of course the whole ritual of brewing and drinking is somewhat therapeutic for me and it has replaced the soda I used to drink. I also love Chai (smoother with the milk and spice but lacking citrus), raspberry roohibos (caffeine free raspberry flavored herbal tea originating in Africa I believe) , and a black tea with hibiscus/fruity notes I got in Hawaii. Enjoy!
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hot.

(:
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am caffeine free but enjoy many herbal teas

Mint tea (iced especially in the summer is great)
    Chamomile (hot at night)
    Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice (it is spicy and tastes similar to a Chai. You can have it iced or hot with a splash of milk)
    Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry Berry (iced or hot)
    Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry (iced or hot)
    Celestial Seasonings Wildberry Zinger (iced or hot)

Tea is like coffee. You get what you pay for. I suggest trying a cheaper brand first to see if you like it and then buy something a little more expensive. I can't afford to go expensive so I am happy with my cheap tea.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Tea flavored tea...

Also, Indian style (arguably the proper style): Tea cooked in milk along with some sugar
  • cateyes00
    cateyes00 Posts: 79
    Options
    i LOVE natural green tea. high in antioxidants. low low caffine.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Loose leaf is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. I get most of mine from Adagio and have been happy with most. I'd say I've tried around 35-40 of their teas and enjoyed the majority. If you are looking for new ones to try just grab a ton of sample sizes.

I like all sorts of green tea, Apricot green and spiced green are probably at the top of my list in that category. Lately I've been sticking with green since I don't add any sugar. Black tea is great for those cold morning though. A few white teas are tasty as well.

It's a shame how many people turn away from tea because they use cheap tea bags or use improper cooking times and water temps.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My favourite is good ol' orange pekoe! Mmmmm!
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    I only drink Green and Chamomile.