Green Smoothie Recipes?

Options
I just started making smoothies to pack in more greens and was hoping to hear from anyone with some great recipes. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1 cup of Almond milk
    2 cups of spinach
    -Blend together first (this is so you don't have chunks of spinach in your smoothie)
    then add 1 cup of frozen fruit of your choice (i like mixed berries the most)
    1 Banana

Blend all together and there you have it... i make this smoothie almost every night.. you could also add vanilla protein powder to it if you like.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    *bump*

I'm thinking of buying a blender next pay day and doing one green smoothie for lunch each day.

Does anyone know if I could make the smoothie in the morning (around 7 a.m.), take it to work, store it in the fridge until lunch (12:30) before drinking? Would it hold together/taste alright?
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    *bump*

I'm thinking of buying a blender next pay day and doing one green smoothie for lunch each day.

Does anyone know if I could make the smoothie in the morning (around 7 a.m.), take it to work, store it in the fridge until lunch (12:30) before drinking? Would it hold together/taste alright?

i probably wouldn't use frozen fruit then... the main reason to use frozen fruit is so that its kinda slushy.... i have never let it sit but it would probably separate a little... not really sure...
  • caramelbaloney
    Options
    *bump*

I do this all the time, and they seem fine for a couple of days. I sometimes make them the night before so I don't have to wake up any earlier.

As for recipes, I learned just to mix together what I like. I'm more in favor of savory smoothies; I like the mix of spinach or collards, tomatoes, avocado, parsley or cilantro, lemon or lime juice, and water. I'll throw a jalapeno in there if I have one.
  • jamietackett12
    Options
    Mean Green Juice (original)
    This is the official recipe used by Joe Cross and Phil Staples according to the Reboot Program.
    6 Kale Leaves
    1 Cucumber
    4 Celery Stalks
    2 Green Apples
    1/2 Lemon
    1 piece of ginger