body cleanses

Options
i was just wondering what people thought about body cleanses. i recently purchased a 7 day body cleanse because i feel like i have been dieting for so long and the weight isnt coming off quick enough. i have been losing and gaining the same 15 lbs. for 2 months and i have been really watching what i eat. im now on day 3 and i wake up with a headache and dizziness the last 2 mornings. is the body cleanse the way to go? and is the headaches and dizziness normal?

Replies

• MoeJay
    MoeJay Posts: 6
    Options
    Would love to hear some feedback on this too! Been wanting to do a cleanse for a while but not sure which one?
  • Young28
    Young28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have the same questions
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Just do a search for "cleanse" on the boards make sure you buckle up and are wearing your big girl panties, because 99% of the population, science included thinks they are bunk and dangerous.
  • MetroEastNative
    Options
    Total waste of your money - and I am a board certified Internal Medicine MD.
  • Jojo1859
    Jojo1859 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the type of cleanse. If it's a juice cleanse with just raw fruits, veggies, and the like, and it's only for like a week I know people who have had success with them, but I wouldn't trust any that you have to buy specific things for it. Seems kinda like a scam to me. Just get a juicer and make some awesome stuff at home.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If it isn't opened take it back.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    No, just no. And I'm a board certified Rocket Surgeon.