serious easter binging....

Options
I had been getting so good at not eating any 'crap' in my diet, it's been months since i last remembered eating a biscuit! Today got the better of me though... And boy did I let it win, I think I have maybe 40 biscuits... And doubled my calorie intake in the process. Serious regret now, but I'm looking to get back on track and not let this happen again! I don't know whether to exercise to the extreme, or just forget about this terrible day and get back on track tomorrow.. Any advice? I'm so ashamed... :(

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to experience and move on........

and don't be ashamed, it happens to everyone.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Move on - it's just a day. :o)
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about this. Just draw a line under it and start anew tomorrow.

When I have a bad day I just think to myself, well this was only one day. It wasn't so long ago I ate like this everyday. Feel proud of what you've achieved so far and just keep going.
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it! Tomorrow is another day. :smile:
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Have a look at my diary for this weekend.... then come back and tell me that yours is worse...dare ya :P
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    None of us got fat because we ate badly for a day. Remember that! Today is only today. This coming week is a whole week! :D
  • rahrah82
    rahrah82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day.. don't dwell on it or it will make tomorrow harder.. think positive about whats ahead and get back on track, you can do it!!!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm writing my dissertation, in the last few days I have had 4 takeaways, endless piles of sandwiches, chocolate, fizzy drinks and hot cross buns. But I know, as soon as this paper is DONE, I will be straight back on the horse. You'll be fine, don't beat yourself up, go for a walk and start again tomorrow.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Have a look at my diary for this weekend.... then come back and tell me that yours is worse...dare ya :P

I looked...
    hope you don't mind. It made me laugh out loud. I really admire your food for the day and your honesty too. Good for you, tomorrow will always be another day.

By the way, I too attacked an easter bunny and some of my husband's fantastic cake. So I'll be up tomorrow. So that's going to have to be dealt with, but I will.
  • reggiepe
    reggiepe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh, I did too. But I knew I was going to eat big today. I planned to eat big today. So I worked out this morning. Ate a light breakfast. Will work out again this evening and eat a very light dinner...I am quite sure I won't be hungry yet this evening, but I will eat a little after working out. Probably some grapes, banana, and some yogurt. If I am a little over, no big deal. I am usually (and have been) under over the last 5 - 6 weeks.
  • rose_ruby
    rose_ruby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i've eaten like a horse this weekend. Been spending time at home with the family meaning i'm out of my normal routine. on top of that it is PMS time. Chin up!
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try working out super hard after eating like that. For one, it'd make me nauseus.:sick: Second, it'd feel like I was punishing myself for bad behavior. I'd just think, well, I treated myself one way today (by indulging) so now I'll treat myself another way tomorrow (by taking better care of my body than I did today.) It happens. Just more proof that we are only human!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    i've eaten like a horse this weekend.......

Is hay fattening???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted today. I figure one day is not going to kill me....so enjoy it. After 6 weeks of Lent, I deserved it!!! So, I had an over day...600 calories almost 1.5 times my daily allowance...and I am just going to get over it and get back in the driver's seat tomorrow. Easter only comes once a year. I didn't get fat overeating one day a year and it isn't going to make me put the 27.5 pounds I have lost back on. So, I will enjoy what I ate today and watch it tomorrow as if today never happened.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Stop being so restrictive then you won't feel ashamed when you eat food that a lot of other people. It's food. Why do you feel guilty? And you have to also recognize why you binged. One of the number one reasons (if I recall correctly from my books) for binging is excessive restrictiveness. Learn to incorporate "bad" foods (whatever that means) back into your diet with moderation. Learn that it's okay to eat a bit of this and a bit of that and it's not necessary to consume it by the boat load.
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Messed it up a little today, but I knew that would happen!!! Plan on getting back on track and getting it all together and working it out hard this coming week!!!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I am fasting tomorrow, balance out a high calorie day with a low one.
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    None of us got fat because we ate badly for a day. Remember that! Today is only today. This coming week is a whole week! :D

This!! I went easter crazy this weekend too...family party yesterday and tonight a buttload of food we all brought in and I am still nibbling. Enjoy it then get back on track tomorrow. Think of it as a little metabolism shocker. I know I'll probably lose weight a little faster this next week or two because of it....
  • tumteetum
    tumteetum Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Made me laugh out loud too - I was worrying about the chocolate I've been eating this weekend within my calorie allowance. Thanks for that :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible binge weekend. But, today is a new day. Exercised early this am and will eat healthy.
    Don't beat yourself up.

I didn't even log my food. UGGGGGGG

The only good thing was I did not drink any alcohol. LOL