Feeling Out of Control

Options
:cry: So I just went back after writing EVERYTHING down on paper, logged each and every drop of what I put in my mouth over my weekend and I need to be shot at sunrise!!! I don't know if it's hormones, I don't care or I am just feeling defeated. I have got to pick myself up and get organized fast and figure out an eating plan I can manage so I don't go after any and everything that is not nailed down. I am embarrassed and I can't keep doing this week to week or I'm never going to reach any goals I set. I have got to learn discipline when in situations where I am in a group. Cravings have to take a back seat to better judgement and I must quiet the noise in my head if I am going to have any real follow through. Sigh... Today is a new day. The slate is clean and I'm afraid to move from this spot... drinking water and thinking of sleep as I finish up my shift at work. What will today bring? This is the point in the past in which a 3 day binge will fall off a cliff into months of mindless "whatever"... I will not take it there this time... Got to get back on track starting right now...

Signed #guilty&aimless

Replies

• sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well done! acknowledgement is a great step in the right direction, it may help to write down what led to your overeating or at least learning something for your future occassions....it is SO hard sometimes, one day we can be so disciplined the next terrible, you have to get a momentum going and once you do you will be off and flying!! maybe reasses your goals and break them down into daily ones and tick them off each day...its hard because we want it all NOW!! it takes a long time to not only lose weight but to also keep it off and make it a complete lifestyle change....keep on keeping on! you will get there...I'm 18months in and still not at my goal, I have been on a plateau for 6months so very frustrating...BUT I won't give up until I get there! good luck...:o)
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't consider you aimless because you are on this site with something in mind that you can achieve! heaith and weight loss. in a way it is good that you feel guilty because that means you are more aware of what you are doing to your body and know what you should be doing for your body. knowledge is power and each day after today you will be focusing a little bit more on what should and shouldn't fuel your body. i have conversations with myself ALL the time-- i want this treat but is it going to help me reach my goal, wili have enough calories to last me the rest of the day or how much exercise will i need to do to compensate for it just in case i can't resist it. but most times i can talk myself out of it because it's not worth the trouble anymore. I AM HERE TO LOSE AND NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME, EVEN COOKIES !!!

you will have low weeks especially during TOM i've been that way pretty much the last two weeks but i know i will pull myself out of it
    good luck and we are all here for you, remember we are all in the same situation
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    We all have times where we lose control. The past weekend is an example for me. It is a constant battle, but you can get it back. Logging everything no matter what is the way I do it. Just seeing the horrible facts helps me to maintain control. Having friends to cheer you on and support you during the tough times is also what helps me. Feel free to add me if you want support. Good luck:wink:
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You are not alone, I have been going through an eating binge, mainly because my home life it out of balance right now with work, house for sale and husband with poor health, I have been letting that all get to me instead of watching my health with when it come all down to it is the most important thing to zero in on because with out it I won't be able to work and bring in a pay cheque, I won't be able to clean a house for showing and then do all the packing when it sells and I won't be able to look after a husband who needs help......so let's do this get back the control and head into the rest of the month looking after the one who is important US!
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    before i found this site i was eating anything and everything i didnt relise how many calories were in half the things i ate and i dint care, until it clicked get a grip and since i have been on here and logging everything and seeing the progress in front of me i am delighted with it, i stick to it and the thought of sweets or junk just turm my stomach, i just need to get into the swing of excersis and get it in my routine, i am full time housewife and mother to 9 n 10 yr old when they are in school all day i just potter in the house and get bored and i use to eat to pass time,
    known everything gets added to here i have turned to a new chapter in my life, even my dad said he was proud of me, an auntie i see a few times a week said she notices already that was it i am now 100% on this and i wish you luck with it, xx
  • cookiesandjuice
    Options
    Baby steps! start by eating less of what your already eating good or bad, then focus on only eating healthier foods. thats how i did it!! pretty simple, its mind over matter!! trust me I KNOW, because i back slided alot until recently wen i finally had ENOUGH of feeling chunky. Oh and beware of pre-period cravings, i know for me rite before my cycle I CRAVE CARBS like its a drug. lol
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, this is just a small blip. Without knowing what you usually eat I can't be too sure but I know people find it harder to resist temptation when certain items are cut from their diet. Try and allow yourself the odd treat - this can even be a small bit of what you fancy every day, it's not always as tempting when it isn't forbidden. There are plenty of calories to be consumed each day, plus if you exercise it adds quite a bit more so the odd bit of something is allowed. I try and exercise portion control and make sure I'm having a normal or slightly under portion, if I'm having a good day and have plenty of cals/fat/carbs left I might have a bit more. I guesstimate what I'm going to eat the night before and enter it in so I know if I'm going to be over or even under but I try and make sure my three main meals are on the mark, I exercise and eat the cals back.

Put what happened this weekend behind you and start planning for the future.