Do you FEEL better?

Options
Are you starting to FEEL better as your weight loss continues? If so, how?
(I'm really hoping once I lose more I'll be able to go to sleep at night and my back won't hurt so much.)

Replies

• Animaniac87
    Options
    I feel like I am able to walk more without being in pain. My feet hurt less at the end of the day. And in general I just feel happier through out the day. I catch myself smiling all the time for no reason.
    The more I lose the better I feel about myself. BUT I do feel more tired. At the end of the day I fall into bed exhausted. To me it's worth it.
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have way more energy throughout the day now. By the same token, I fall asleep quite easily. Win-win!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yes - yes - yes ......
    Everything from sleeping better, sleeping less - waking up and actually feeling refreshed, but also just having energy....
    I hate sitting on the couch now - my "rest days" is the worst - I just want to go and do something!!
    I bought a bike, go kayaking.....and even started running....

I started this to lose the weight - but what I actually got was feeling amazing and healthy in more ways than I can describe!!
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    This has been the biggest positive of losing all my weight. I forgot being obese how feeling `normal' felt. Now I know.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    (I'm really hoping once I lose more I'll be able to go to sleep at night and my back won't hurt so much.)

Where do I begin?

Exercise wakes me up so much better than coffee does!
    I used to have really bad indigestion (like every day) which is now completely gone.
    I used to have THE worst depression and was really suicidal only about a year ago but exercise has made me happier than I have ever been in my whole life! It also really helps with my anxiety :)
    More confidence!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I know longer have little aches and pains. I no longer get out of breath from a single flight of stairs. I actually FEEL like I am in my twenties now. Best of all, I am more loving to my husband (wink wink).
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Before i started the diet i was in and out of the hospital as i broke my pelvic bone twice, i was then getting problems even running about with the kids, they told me bladder weakness and before it would stop i would need surgery, this and not been able to find something to wear on a night out i said on the sunday morning, i am going to loose weight and show them all i can,

dont get me wrong 16 days ago before i started i had no energy i could have cried with pain, i didnt even walk to the shop i would take the car, (u can see the shop from my house)

I started straight off by doing a dvd workout, within a few days i was finding could do more and more, i go out an 45-60 min walk every evening, and min of 100 sit ups, once to three times a day, no pain no gain,

i feel so much better, fall into bed at 10pm rather than 3am, up and on the go all day, no pains and so far i have tryed the trampoline and things seem to be tighter, i just cant wait until i am at target and the day i get up and just do it rather than thinking about it, it will be my life routine, and i love that thought, xx
  • nikkifk
    nikkifk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just feel fitter and healthier in myself generally. Specifically my varicose veins are improving and are no longer painful, my asthma is much better controlled and I have more confidence in myself.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have more stamina :)
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yep...i feel lots better. I'm sure it's a combo of weight loss and exercise. I feel great after a run. My knees don't hurt near as bad as they use to.
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    I DO!:happy:

I can sleep better, get up earlier and still feel energetic!
    I'm usually happier than I used to be!
    I don't get tired quickly
    I am calm and composed most of the time
    Acne vanished completely-My skin is actually glowing!!
  • vara123
    vara123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Echoing what others have said above, I have a lot more energy and really feel like I can do more (walk without feet hurting over long periods, bending over to pick things up and not having as much meat to fold!), also feeling stronger in my body, more taut and muscular, and sleeping a lot better. I'm also kind of proud of myself, which of course builds confidence - which seems to be outside as well as in.
  • wingsandgills
    wingsandgills Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Because I've been pretty sedentary for months (only exercise is walking to campus a few times a week) my knees make weird crackling noises and sometimes hurt when I bend them. I've found that gently exercising them in the form of squats and other knee-bending exercises actually makes the pain and crackling go away! Like, within that session!

But more than that, a few minutes after exercising, I always feel really good. The feeling of accomplishing a goal is there, but also a feeling that my body is excited and building up energy. I definitely feel great. And I focus on it, because I want to remember that THAT feeling is what I'm aiming for every day!

...For some reason I responded to this as though you asked about exercise. Well, I haven't lost any weight recently, but in the past, I DEFINITELY feel a difference. Specifically I have a far lesser incidence of panic attacks because I don't feel any pressure on my chest or problems breathing when my weight is down and I'm exercising regularly. My headaches lessen. I feel more comfortable sitting and curling up... You just gotta look for the signs. =)
  • kskostamikel
    Options
    I feel SO much better the more weight I lose. I have a lot more energy - at my highest weight I would come home from work and not even have enough energy to make dinner or do laundry (and I have a "sit at a desk all day" job). I sleep a lot better - especially on days when I exercise. And the best part is I actually crave healthy food and exercise now...and let me tell you that has never happened before in my life!
  • downhomechik
    Options

I just realized yesterday that I am not getting out of breathe carting loads of laundry from basement to first floor and hanging out on the line! I was so thrilled!!! And I can roll over in bed at night without feeling like I'm hefting thousands of pounds from side to side!
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm fitter, thinner and all round better for this I needed to lose the weight I'm halfway to my goal. It won't happen over night but this site really gives you results if you are honest with yourself and work hard at it x Good luck feel free to add me x
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I feel better mentally and physically.

I was such a stressed out, anxiety filled person, but the exercise has helped 100% I'm sleeping better, I feel like I'm a better Mother, wife.

I'm able to walk up stairs without feeling out of breath, I'm out of plus size clothes. SO many reasons why I feel better!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've met my goal and I feel 100% better. I lost through exercise and exercising regularly always makes me feel better.
  • Classicbdw
    Classicbdw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Definitely feel better. I can walk the Golf Course now without getting winded, The last Dr. appointment on Friday removed me from being a diabetic and I got to stoop taking 2 meds. Can only get better from here.:happy:
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    hell yeah I feel better. I've lost 90 lbs total, and have about 40 more that I want to lose.

A year ago, a bike ride for about 30 minutes would have done me in. This year, I'm training to do a 2 day, 168 mile bike ride from Houston to Austin, and I think I'm gonna kick *kitten* at it. I've done a couple weekends where I've ridden as much as 125 miles, and I'm planning to do at least 135 miles this weekend, maybe more. I feel like I have lots of endurance and energy, I just need to lose a little more of the extra fat so I get to a normal body fat percentage. Also, when I get home from work, I used to scarf down junk for dinner and vegitate in front of the tv. Now, I take my dogs for walks, cook something for dinner (although I do have the occasional lean cuisine when I don't want to cook), and I'll sit for 15 minutes watching tv before feeling like I need to get up and do something, so I'll do a load of laundry, clean/straighten the house, something. I just feel a general need to move more than I used to.
    I'm out of plus size clothes.

Don't you love that? I'm not quite into single digit sizes yet, but man, did I hate 20+size clothing.