I have a weight question....

Options
Ok so i've been on here for about 80 days, give or take. I've only lost about 21 pounds. Am I doing something wrong or is this about right? I watch what I eat. Use portion control. I exercise 3 times a week for 20 minutes using The Firm workouts. Plus cleaning the house, doing laundry, food shops etc...Thanks so much. Julie.

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Just by the numbers alone it sounds like you're right on track averaging 1 to 2 lbs per week....I don't see a problem with that \m/
  • angelialouise
    angelialouise Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    sounds pretty good to me....wouldnt complain ...21 pounds in about 2 1/2 months? i lost 30 i have only lost a little more than that in over 3 months and i am thrilled!
  • JessWolf1002
    JessWolf1002 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Try upping your exercise! I do about an hour of circuit training and I've noticed a big difference in my body.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Uh...so what I'm hearing here is that in the past 11 or so weeks, you've lost 21 lbs. That sounds freaking sweet. Take that victory and keep running with it, girl. That's almost 2 lbs per week.
  • denisekh88
    Options
    I'm no expert...but it sounds like you are right on track. From what I have been told to lose weight healthily you should lose about 1 to 2 pounds a week. That is the best way to lose to keep it off successfully. Keep up the good work :)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    1 to 2 lbs. a week is spot on and exactly how I have lost all my weight.... Keep up the Great Job!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Just keep with it :D

Go pick up a 20 pound dumbbell or 20 pound bag of dog food. Will make you feel better i promise :D
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on track. Congrats! I think the suggestion of doing longer periods of planned exercise is a great suggestion. Try doing 25 minutes this week, then thirty next week, and work up to an hour 4-5 times a week.
  • millerhillbabe
    Options
    slow and steady "wins the race" but if you want to do more faster just increase your exercise... u are doing just fine if you ask me! good job so far!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are right on track for healthy sustainable weight loss. Keep it up.

If you want to you can look up of Fat 2 Fit radio how much you should eat for 1lb a week. It usually gives you a bit more than here. You need to know your BF% first. Figure it out here http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/ Then go here http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ It will help you figure out how much to eat for your activity level. This will keep your metabolism running, your BMR met and will help you lose around a pound a week or more.

But honestly I think you are doing great.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You are doing GREAT! Think about it in the opposite light... If you gained that much in 80 days, you'd be PISSED and say "How is this possible!?" But no, sista. You LOST that much!!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    lol only 21???????? some people cant loose that in 6 months you're doing great
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've been here almost a year and lost 20 pounds. I think you're doing fine.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You're doing just great! If what you are doing feels sustainable, then don't worry about how long it is taking you - focus on the fact that the scale is moving downward and you are exercising regularly. Those are great things for your health. You'll get where you are going! The slower you lose it, the more likely you are to keep it off.
  • tinastanley
    tinastanley Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. It sounds to me like you are doing great! Little weight loss is better than none. Losing weight takes time. Stay committed to logging on MFP and maybe get more MFP friends. For me, I found the more friends I had on here, the more motivation and support I rec'd from MFP friends, the easier and more motivated I was to work harder. I couldn't have gotten this far without MFP friends. Just a suggestion.. : )

Hang in there. Before you know it you will be down to your goal weight.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Ok so i've been on here for about 80 days, give or take. I've only lost about 21 pounds. Am I doing something wrong or is this about right? I watch what I eat. Use portion control. I exercise 3 times a week for 20 minutes using The Firm workouts. Plus cleaning the house, doing laundry, food shops etc...Thanks so much. Julie.

Only? How long did it take you to gain the weight? I'm guessing it wasn't over night. You have to expect it to take some time to come off. It's been less than three months and you've lose 21 pounds. That's a lot. The only time I can lose weight that quickly is right after I have a baby. You're losing almost 2 pounds a week. That is a normal, healthy rate of loss. Be happy.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    To me it sounds like your doing fine, you only want to lose around 2lb a week so it sounds like you are on track.

I'm trying to lose 2lbs a week but have only lost the amount below, I started in January, I now exercise 6 times a week 1-3 hours, at first I wasn't sure about eating back my exercise calories, especially as I wasn't convinced MFP was correct with it's cals burned for exercise once I got a hrm I've started to eat closer to the cals burned and I have noticed a big difference.

Just stick with it, it's 21lbs lost not gained!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! I restarted my weight loss journey last monday and lost 2.2 lbs so far. I have 21 lbs to lose.
  • dragonflyz76
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE SOOO MUCH....YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT, KIND WORDS AND TIPS. FEELS GOOD TO KNOW I'M ON TRACK...PHEW....
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Umm, that's two pounds per week. I'd give my lift tit for 2lbs a week ... lol