Hello.. I am new here...getting ready to hit the big 50!!

Options
Just want to say hi, probably not a good time to get started, since I am going to Alaska next week on a cruise.... :smile:

I am looking forward to helping others if I can and getting some help.

Replies

• tubbytabbytales
    Options
    smiley-greet025.gif

Now is always a good time to get started. Otherwise, it turns into "tomorrow".

....it's always TOMORROW, right?
  • diverwayne0115
    Options
    HI, I'm Wayne. I'm half way through my 50's :yawn:

The dietitian at my doctor's office recommended this site. So far (3 days), I've found it extremely helpful.

Good luck to everyone!!!!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!!

I'll be 50 in 2 months...half of a century...yeegads!!

Don't use your cruise as an excuse! Start today!! I agree..."it's always tomorrow"!! :laugh:
    There will be healthy choices on the boat...you just have to decide to make them!
    This week we started a C25K program, join our thread! Even us OG's can move it!! :bigsmile:

Pam :flowerforyou:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bikker, I just joined this site Monday and I've already seen a difference in how my clothes fit. Good luck! It's always a good time to start! You just have to choose to make healthy choices. I know it's hard, but it'll get easier as you readjust yourself to making healthy decisions.
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I too recently joined and I am already seeing and feeling quite a difference. I love this site and I have been finding it very helpful this far!

Have fun on your cruise!
  • dbenes03
    Options
    I am fairly new here as well. I joined back in April, however had an extremely busy summer, not really following any sort of diet. However, in the last 2 weeks I have really kept at it (I even logged my bad days). This website has really gotten my attention about how badly I was eating. I work out like crazy but was not seeing results. Even though I have only lost 1 lb to date, I feel healthier and I enjoy making healthy choices. Good luck to you and enjoy the cruise. You can do it!
  • bikker59
    bikker59 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.. I actually work out a lot, and clothes fit much better, but I get frustrated with the scale, and I know I should not, because losing inches can be harder, because you are firming up.. I do a one hour spin class at least twice a week, and the other days I do an eliptical for at least 30 minutes, with strength training 2-3 days a week. I drink an insane amount of water each and every day...We have a gym in our office building..:smile:
    My weekness is my sweet tooth, actually mostly chocolate..and we always have candy around here..and while it is just one little tootsie roll, honestly probably no more than 5 to 6 a day max, and some days less..but that can add up...but somedays, I get so busy, I do not eat enough..which is not good, and then I just grab something.. I am on my feet a lot at work..and I do go up and down a lot of stairs during the day..,
    I will be diligant about writing in the diary, because I think that is my problem...the little things here and there...add up... kind of like those little charges on your credit card...and then SHOCK!! :tongue:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    What a great comparision! Credit card and weight. That's when I decided to do my transformation - I was spending too much, eating too much, weigh too much and I decided that ENOUGH is enough! I cut up all the credit cards (except one for emergencies) and jumped on the weightloss wagon. Sounds like you are aimed in the right direction. Just keep moving forward and remember that it will be work it! Get to logging and hold yourself accountable for what you are doing! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: