Keeping it "REAL" humbly changing ticker to show weight gain

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
Yes, this sure seems like bad news, but I'm counting it ALL joy, because I want to keep this thing real. I've been gaining weight since upping my calories from 1200 (which I wasn't coming NEAR eating my net (after work-outs calories) and upped them to
1456 calories per day and eating ALL or very close to my exercise calories.

Before doing this, I wasn't losing any weight nor gaining...just staying at 179.9 pounds. I'm now (as of today) 184.4 pounds.

I've been contemplating keeping my ticker at the 19 pounds I've lost so far, since January 20th, 2012. Prayed about it and feel "Led" to change my ticker to more honestly and accurately show where I at--which is up. This is humbling indeed, but a saint/girl gotta do what a saint/girl gotta do--period.

So, I'm writing this as a NSV-- because it's taking a certain VICTORY to be honest and real with myself and others as they read my posts.

I believe being real and honest with God, myself and others...is a big ole (if not all together happy) NSV!!!!

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you're right! i'll weigh myself after shark week is over and then that'll be the true test. i'm pretty sure i've gained a few. thanks for this!!
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, I lost nearly 30lbs over the course of summer to december last year but because i needed to "restart" i reset my ticker and now it only says 4lbs lost rather than 30+lbs.

Stay motivated :)
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to do what is right for themselves. :smile: When I upped my cals from 1200~1500+ {one cheat day}, I gained 3. :sad: I did not change the ticker back. My weight stayed there for 3 LONG WEEKS! :sad: It has finally started to move downward and I have lost 2! :love: I have only 1 more pound to be back at my origional loss! I did not change it because for ME, I would feel like a FAILURE and would have quit. I am a Type A personality and am VERY HARD on myself but EXTREMELY forgiving to others. I want to encourage you all to keep moving toward the mark of the high calling! You are VICTORS NOT VICTIMS!!!!:drinker:
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good job in keeping it real. I would do the very same thing as you. I post my diary even if it's full of Krispy Kreme donuts, pizza and beer. If that means a weight gain, then I have to post that too. I don't have a ticker attached to my posts, though, I'll need to figure out how to do that.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    you're right! i'll weigh myself after shark week is over and then that'll be the true test. i'm pretty sure i've gained a few. thanks for this!!

Hahaha....shark week... love it.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Above the message boards it says settings. When you click on it you can add your ticker.
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Above the message boards it says settings. When you click on it you can add your ticker.

Thanks! Found it. :)
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories, I gained, sadly I didn't have your delima LOL!! My ticker sucked away that 3 pounds like it never saw it :grumble: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. In fact I just change it to whatever the scale says on Saturday morning whether it is up or down. I workout 6 days a week, work with a nutritionist and took measurements too. I just keep putting one foot in front to of the other knowing that it will go down eventually.

Good for you!
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    Options
    Ah, I did the same thing.
    I stopped coming on here for a few months...I started a new job, got a little sidetracked (OKAY, a LOT), stopped going to that thing called a "GYM"...and I paid for it. I gained all10lbs originally lost RIGHT BACK. I'm now back up to my original starting weight. I feel disappointed in myself, but I had to check in and honestly put my weight. I went from "Lost 10 lbs!" to "Lost 0" all in one nanosecond click of a button.

I think it's for the best though. I am trying to be honest with myself because that's what really matters. I needed to make it right so that in a few months, when that thing says "Lost 60lbs!", it will be an accurate and true amount. :smile:
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I just corrected my ticker this morning. It IS humbling, but I knew I would not be fooling anyone but myself if I left it the way it was.

Good luck to all of us in our journey! :drinker:
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I pink puffy heart the NSV's and gave up on the scale when the battery went out. I will weigh myself in a few months - but for now... I am just going to keep going full steam ahead and enjoy the way my clothes look (and the fact I can wear shirts that i was seconds from giving away)

You're body has to get used to the adjustment - and kudos for keeping it honest!
  • lynette111
    lynette111 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have recently upped my calories from 1400 to 2000 and I also have put on some weight (2 lbs) and I also chose to put the real number in on weigh in day. To me it is being accountable. I am not upset by it at all. I am truly going to give it the full month before I decide if it needs tweaked again. I did take my measurements but haven't checked against them yet. I did however have two people say something about me losing weight over the weekend and I had to tell them no not recently. They both thought my face looked slimmer so who knows. I am eating alot of good food and exercising so I am happy with myself right now. I did have a few things yesterday that I could have done without but it was easter and today I know I won't be eating that stuff again until the next big get together.
    Keep on keeping on! God Bless You!
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yup, gotta be honest with yourself. Good for you. I made a vow to weigh every week and post it no matter what the scale said. My ticker used to read 82 lbs. lost, it has not been a good couple of weeks, but I'm back on track and have no doubt it will be there again soon. Keep up the great work, it's a constant struggle.
  • mommahix
    mommahix Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yay! this has been my dilemma as of late too. I did so well for January and ok in February and all of a sudden I haven't logged my weight since the end of February because of the shame. I still log on daily and track calories and I know what I am doing wrong it is hard to change bad habits!!! No more excuses!!! Started logging weight again today and will see how it goes!!!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I admire your strength and honesty! I should probably do the same with my ticker, and actually I was contemplating taking it down since I'm more apt to follow my measurements more accurately than what the scale says. I've gone up and down too since increasing my calories.

Keep up the great work!!
  • sbpeters93
    sbpeters93 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My ticker is always accurate - good, bad or ugly. I weigh myself every Friday and record the weight regardless if it's a gain, loss, or stays the same. For me, it's the only way this is going to work.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I didn't have the slightest CLUE how my posting this (it was VERY humbling/kinda scary for some reason for me to post this btw) didn't have the foggiest notion that I would get such awesome and profound (to me) and kinda similar experiences/replies, but I've gotta tell ALL you tremendous MFPers that have taken the time and care to reply here....

:heart: THANK YOU SO MUCH:heart: ALL of your replies are so encouraging and comforting to me too:flowerforyou:

ETA: As with some of you too, I am continuing to lose inches (though the scale is moving up :huh: ) as well and my clothes are fitting better and my stomach is continuing to shrink--so...the journey is just that--a journey and a rather "harrowing" adventure to boot:wink:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Everyone has to do what is right for themselves. :smile: When I upped my cals from 1200~1500+ {one cheat day}, I gained 3. :sad: I did not change the ticker back. My weight stayed there for 3 LONG WEEKS! :sad: It has finally started to move downward and I have lost 2! :love: I have only 1 more pound to be back at my origional loss! I did not change it because for ME, I would feel like a FAILURE and would have quit. I am a Type A personality and am VERY HARD on myself but EXTREMELY forgiving to others. I want to encourage you all to keep moving toward the mark of the high calling! You are VICTORS NOT VICTIMS!!!!:drinker:

I'm so proud of you, that you have just one more pound to go--YOU ROCK!!!

I always thought I was a strict type A personality too...go figure--BUT when I look at the definitions of type A, B and C via wikipedia-- I see I'm Type A, B, C and so I'm probably a type D personality:laugh:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I did the same this morning. It hurt but gotta keep it real right? Good for you for having the courage to do it. Rock on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!