What do you guys snack on?

Options
Hello there,

I am currently finding after my 3 meals I am at around 1100. I am aiming for 1600.

I don't want to eat a bar of choc just to achieve my calorie goal (well... that would be nice, but I'm not going to!)

Replies

• lynette111
    lynette111 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Chobani Yogurt
    Nuts
    Sometimes special k protein plus cereal with a little milk
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Almost every day I snack on almonds (170 calories per serving) and Greek yogurt (100 calories per serving).

To up your calories, cook in healthy oils, eat nuts, nut butters, seeds, avocados...all are packed with good healthy fats.
  • purplelvr74
    Options
    Carrots, celery, yogurt, 1 serving of something I like is what I usually snack on.
  • Blondeone10
    Options
    I do the Greek yogurt with museli added, Fiber One bars, cheese, apples with peanut butter, and I do sneek in some dark chocolates. I limit my soda intake, but every once in a while my body craves it:drinker:
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Usually some kind of fruit, string cheese, whole grain crackers. A hersheys' kiss or two.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Kashi TLC granola bars
    low sodium V8
    Almonds - plain or flavored
    peanut butter - w veggie sticks, oats, apples or crackers
    dry roasted edamame
    edamame
    tortilla chips with salsa or guacamole
    reduced fat cheese
    cottage cheese
    fruit
    hummus w veggie sticks, apples or crackers
    popcorn
  • esolmom
    esolmom Posts: 17
    Options
    I sometimes make a quinoa salad -- high in protien, not high in calories, eat a cup of black beans (seasoned w/out pork or bacon), or soup.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Chobani Yogurt
    Nuts
    Sometimes special k protein plus cereal with a little milk

I like to mix some kashi go lean crunch with my chobani greek yogurt. Also, turkey, fruit & veggies with a little dip. If you're looking for a sweet treat, I love the Special K dark chocolate protein shakes (190 calories, 5 g fat 10 g protein).
  • philco41
    philco41 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yogurt, nuts, banana, apple, fresh pineapple or papaya or mango, almond butter or peanut butter, granola--it really depends on where I am in my daily allotments. I don't feel a compulsion to eat all my calories, nor do I feel I have to limit myself to protein. You have to judge my your own goals and how you feel.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    Loads of ideas... thank you!
  • okkat1969
    okkat1969 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Carrots, celery, string cheese, apples, and popcorn are my mainstays, but I try to mix it up and have other things now and then to prevent utter boredom.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    quaker cheddar mini quakes are sooooo good. and i think i am addicted to wheat thins too. both give me the crunch my mind needs, but without the calories of potato chips or doritos.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I get the snacking on veggies... it's just that I have a lot of them already everyday in my lunch and dinner (chicken salad anyone?!!).

Almonds, avacado, houmous, peanut butter and cottage cheese are winning for me at the moment... not that I have any in my kitchen at this moment :blushing:

Thanks everyone.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a slice of toasted pumpernickel with honey and a cup of coffee about an hour or so before I head to the gym this evening.
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    cashews
    cottage cheese
    beef jerky(don't skimp on water)
    can of tuna
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    String cheese. Greek yogurt. Mixed nuts. Fruit! I want to start adding more vegetables to my snacks.

I'm still trying to clean my pantry by consuming all the foods in moderation. (Hello, Salted Nut Roll...)
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Banana's, Cliff Bars, Fiber One Plus Antioxidant Bars, Apples, Animal Crackers...........boy there now you've gone and done it. I am hungry now.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    almonds, fruits
  • Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Rice Cakes. 29-30 calories, no fat - you can buy them salty.
  • ImaSongbird
    ImaSongbird Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

I am currently finding after my 3 meals I am at around 1100. I am aiming for 1600.

I don't want to eat a bar of choc just to achieve my calorie goal (well... that would be nice, but I'm not going to!)
    Well, what are you hungry for?