re bloating stomach!!!!!!!!

Options
my stomach is always bloated some times i look pregnant and im not. can any one suggest if there is any thing to take to helkp me with this situation. I hate it so much that it is making me really depresed, i wont let my partner see me with no clothes on as i hate my stomach so much.

Replies

• andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    my stomach is always bloated some times i look pregnant and im not. can any one suggest if there is any thing to take to helkp me with this situation. I hate it so much that it is making me really depresed, i wont let my partner see me with no clothes on as i hate my stomach so much.

would loove to know too, I bloat like crazy as well.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    What are you ladies eating?
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    do you drink enough water?
    it could be water retention.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am curious too....I am bloated now...But I do drink a lot of protein shakes to get it in...

Water makes me feel more bloated than anything else....It gets hard to drink b/c of the bloating that it causes..

I think a whole lot of mine is b/c of the protein shakes...I just can't seem to get my protein in if I don't have them & I lift so I need alot of it....I don't eat a whole lot of meat or peanut butter....I love nuts & eat steamed veggies but you can only eat so many in a day....I only use skim milk once or twice a day in my shakes....No breads either.
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    if you are eating a lot of salads or greens, they can cause bloating.
    or try eating smaller amounts more often?
  • toagirl
    toagirl Posts: 41
    Options
    Stay away from white bread!! It will make me bloat every time :-(
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    If your stomach is always bloated I would firstly strongly advise you to see your Dr, as without wanting to alarm you - there are some abdo/gynae problems that present in this way that need attention.

All the best :-)
  • bigtwagner
    bigtwagner Posts: 113
    Options
    I am a male, but I travel for a living. With that being said, i eat out a lot. I agree with the lady above by saying that you may want to try to drink more water. If I am unable to drink water while on the road, i get extremely bloated.
  • gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I bloat with too much sodium and it is not just my belly, its my face and my hands too.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    This is my experience - At one point I took a bunch of antibiotics and prednezone and after that I had horroble bloating. Although my doctor didn't buy the theory, some natropathic information I got through friends suggested that I had killed off all the healthy bacteria in my intestine and as a result, I ended up with an overgrowth of yeast in my system. The yeast feeds on sugar and carbs and gives off gas which causes bloating. I cut way back on refined sugar and processed carbs and took probiotics (PLAIN yogurt and pills) and that keeps the bloating at bay. An MD probably won't get onboard with this theory, but a natropathic physician will.

I was so bloated I looked pregnant as well and some people even thought I was! It was awful.
  • marilu3
    marilu3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    My thoughts are to start monitoring your sodium levels... that seemed to help me a lot, and once I got that under 1000-1300 mgs / day, it really took the water retention down, which took some lbs off too. Now I notice immediately if I've had way too much sodium. Health Canada recommends a daily dosage of 13-1400mgs/day, and no more than 2300 at most. You can change your settings to monitor this easily.
    Good luck.
    :smile:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes used to make my stomach bloat and hurt, I don't drink any now........that was the problem for me.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to have to get some probiotics....Heard really good benefits to this...If it helps the bloating then I am going today! Thanks for the help! :)
  • bennieangel
    Options
    Fiber added foods (fiber one bars, cereal, yogurt, etc) used to cause this for me...if it's something you are eating a lot of maybe try to cut it out & see if that helps. Otherwise, maybe worth a visit to the doctors.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    eliminate all starch from you diet and be bloat free in one day. Seriously.

Rice, wheat, corn, potatoes may be too much for the gut bacteria to handle. That turns sugary and creates a by product of gas in the colon and then bloat. All gut bacteria (good and bad!) feed off the sugars in all of the carbohydrates you eat. Fiber is broken down by the bacteria in your gut. Carbohydrates breakdown into sugar, and also feed the bacteria. Lower the fiber and eliminate all unnecessary carbohydrates.

Don't worry about sodium. If anything, don't eliminate sodium just add more potassium to your diet. If your hands are puffy and swollen that means you have water retention, something that is a symptom of too few electrolytes in the body. That has nothing to do with abdominal bloat.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Just going by friends who've had the same problem -

PCOS?

Food intolerance - try cutting out wheat for a while and see if that helps, if not then try cutting out lactose for a bit, they're two of the most common.

Don't have any personal experience, y big belly is just plain fat, LOL
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    if i don't eat often enough and in small enough portions, i get bloated. small meals spread out throughout the day has really helped that a lot.

from a drug-treating-the-symptom-not-the-problem side, i get mad indigestion when i eat some foods followed by laying down that cause me bloat. chewing a Pepcid Complete seems to take care of that for the most part.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    sometimes it calls carb bloat..that's what happens to me...i get bloated having too many carbs...
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    I have IBS and certain foods really bloat me, pretty much instantly. Haven't nailed down all the culprits yet, but bread, pasta and junk foods are the worst culprits for me. Might we worth investigating if you have IBS or a food intolerance?
  • Serenity64
    Options
    I am gluten intolerant. When I eat anything with even a trace of gluten, my stomach bloats so that I seriously look like I have Kwashiorkor. Not a pretty look.