Do you FEEL better?

Options
2»

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I was feeling better. I was starting to feel great. Then allergy season came along and took care of that. And I won't feel good again until around November.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    eh, I have my days, but in general I feel a heck of a lot better 70pounds later. the hardest part is mental (for me anyway)
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    First off Congrats on all your weight loss! (everyone)

It looks like I have a lot to look forward to. Seems like losing this weight would help with more than the obvious issues (no energy, winded easily.) I've been serious for a while now, but this is even more motivation! (I'd love to lessen my anxiety and stress!)
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    I feel SOOOO much better already, and I'm only 30 pounds in...I have already lost about 12% of my body weight though so I notice I don't get winded like I used to, I wake up without feeling "hung over" or groggy until my coffee sets in, and I actually enjoy the mental battle of "what will I wear today?" I don't fall asleep the moment I walk in the door after work. I am always looking for things to do because I can't sit on the couch all day anymore. I even look forward to going to the gym 6 times a week! I have a ton of energy, which my hubby seems to appreciate as well. :wink:
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    What really amazed me while being overweight was the excuses for all the aches, pains & general letharagy. I recall thinking to myself that it had something to do with work in that I was having a particularly busy day or some other reasons. I dont think I really ever thought well maybe it was because I was overweight?? And it figures given that in my case I was carrying an 80lb sack of lard up front! No wonder my back was perpetually sore. If you only do it to feel normal I promise you that the effort will be exceedingly worth it!
  • skibunny24
    Options
    Most def! I feel lighter on my feet--I like to be silly with my 5-year-old and it's a lot more fun to jump and dance around the living room with him when I feel like my body jumps as one rather than feeling the fatty extra weight blubbering around while I did sso :) I sleep much better, I'm more ready for sleep at night, and I "need" less coffee most days :)
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    I only lost 11 lb in 6 weeks but my mood is better. Exercise always makes me feel great. I don't get that sluggish general malaise unless I skip more than 4 days of exercise.
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm 25lbs down so far and I feel so much more energetic! Already I get less out of breath when I push myself and I have more fun because I'm not getting tired so easily. My son is also having more fun because I have more energy, and my hubby, well, he's enjoying the new, more energetic me too. ;) It's a win-win-win situation - LOL!

I also find that I look forward to getting in some exercise. Tonight I was working at a branch much closer to home, so I knew I wouldn't get my usual onger walk to work, so I had to plan a walk in the morning instead which felt great. I'm also really looking forward to my gym induction on Friday afternoon and got really excited about buying my first pair of running shoes. I start my C25K training next week when my son goes back to nursery school. :)

So yes, I definitely already feel better than I did by a LONG shot. :)
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost that much but my sleeping has improved. And I'm actually excited about doing exercise! :D
    Only a few small changes so far, but hopefully more to come. :D
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    YES

my feet are so much less sore (i have platofaaciitis) and they were sooooo painful before, even tho the podiatrist told me my weight didn't contribute to the problem.

i don't get heartburn every time i eat a spicy meal or red wine.

i have alot more energy in general and am not having to drag myself out of bed and force myself to do things that i should just do anymore.

and of course it feels better to not have to visit the "large woman" sections in the shops when looking for clothes.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    More energy, less depression, less anxiety.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose weight, but since starting my new healthier lifestyle I absolutely feel a difference. I think it's helped most with my anxiety- honestly, the best fix is to sweat it out :)
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I now don't get out of breath when going up the stairs
    I can keep up with my kids
    I no longer get scared to try on clothes at stores
    The best is I can now pin my hubby down on the floor for a solid 45 seconds without breaking a sweat. Hehehe
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I donno... I feel the same I guess. Maybe I can move better and not breathe heavily a lot... :)
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Wow ..I just told my husband today to look at my grandson ..He is 20.2 lbs today. I have lost 27 lbs. I looked at both babies and said THAT is how much I have been carrying around!!!!! To actually see 20 lbs. on one baby and 23 lbs on the other in that respect was an eye opener for me. I can walk further, my back doesn't hurt nearly as much as before. I feel so much better as well..
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm out of plus size clothes.

Don't you love that? I'm not quite into single digit sizes yet, but man, did I hate 20+size clothing.
    [/quote]

YES! I love it, it's funny because I went to old navy the other day, and I automatically looked at size 18 pants and xxl shirts.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My fitness has improved so much! I totally push it at my exercise classes now.

My feet hurt less and I generally have more energy and can get up out of bed earlier.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    Three months ago, I could not hardly walk around without being so out of breath I was looking for my inhaler. I could not lay down to sleep some nights the heartburn was so bad and I was taking Alka Seltzers 3-4 times a week if not every day and that was with heartburn meds. I sitll take the heartburn meds but I have not had a single Alka Seltzer. Now I hardly EVER use the inhaler and I can do so much more than I have been able to do for years and I am just getting started. I still have a long way to go but I have no choice if I want to live. I was on the slow road to killing myself and my dear darling hubby (cause he ate what I fed him) He had a choice but he's a follower and I am the leader (in the kitchen anyways) After he had a heart attack and almost died on January 14, I knew without a doubt that we were going to change and change for good.

I already feel 100% better not only by losing 33 pounds and by exercising (whick I did none before) but also with the deterimation I feel to get it right this time.