Trampolines as exercise?

Options
A friend of mine suggested looking into getting a trampoline and jumping on that as exercise (because it's fun so I'd be more likely to stick with it unlike the gym which I find boring, repetitive and I pretty much hate.) Trouble is I'm having trouble finding out exactly how effective it is for weight loss/health, other than the hype on trampoline websites.

Anyone know?? Anyone lost any amount of weight just jumping?

Replies

• buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have an urban rebounder, but I don't use it as much as I should. You can get workout videos that do all kinds of things instead of just jumping. I find it more fun than doing some other forms of exercise, but it makes more sense just to use it as a supplement to other workouts when you need something different than to use it as your main exercise, but that's just my opinion. It is supposed to be low impact if you have joint problems or whatever. A big trampoline would be much more fun :)
  • pugwrangler
    Options
    Thanks for the reply!

I'm looking at possibly renting a large (11x11 or so) trampoline for a month or two just to see how much I would use it but I kind of wanted to feel out other people who are actually using/have used it for weight loss before I spend any money.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    We have a large trampoline in our backyard for our kids but I do jump on it with them from time to time. In just 10 minutes, I can burn over 100 calories (I'm just anal enough to wear my HRM when jumping!!)

It feels like a great work out. I'm winded by the end of that 10 minutes and definitely sweaty!
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    I can't believe I'm barely finding out about this!
    BRILLIANT!!
  • Blondeone10
    Options
    We did this the other day for about 15 minutes. Worked on doing body twists, making sure you raise your legs to tuck, just having fun and being safe. I did this with another person on at the same time, it was a larger trampoline, and it's at my inlaws house. Weekend workout for me.