I have 600 extra cals from exercise.

Options
2»

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be negative.... but I don't think 20 min of walking at the fair and 30 min on the eliptical equal 600 calories burned. The number that the machine tells you is always over by as much as 30% or more!! I would not be eating calories unless I was for sure I actually burned them. Do you have a HRM to verify those totals?

30 minutes on an elliptical works out to 600 calories for me, and she's adding on a 20 minute walk, so it definitely could be 600 calories burned.
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    eat enough of your exercise calories to equal 1200 calories of intake for the day...when you go lower than 1200, you go into starvation mode...so anything over 1200 calories you dont need to eat
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    thank you guys....I ended up eating a sausage and peppers haha..I know bad bad me..But I love them....

I actually have 1600 cals set on my profile somedays I eat a little more because I breastfeed my daughter....But most days I eat about half of my exercise cals....

The crazy thing is I set my eliptical to 300 calories which takes me 32 minutes to do...??..Is my eliptical wrong or is MFP?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    mmmmm.... cotton candy calling my name.

Sometimes foods are those treats that I used to eat every day. Now, I only eat them sometimes... The fair only comes once a year, so cotton candy is a sometimes food....

Good for you choosing a baked potato (I didn't even know fairs did baked potato). I can honestly say I wouldn't be able to do it.

On the other hand, I somewhat agree with the poster who said that your calories burned sounds a little high. If you find you're losing weight eating back all your exercise calories, then great! don't change a thing. If you find you're not losing weight, try eating back only half of them. I wouldn't skip them all together though.