what keeps you going?

Options
2»

Replies

• siobhano_
    siobhano_ Posts: 101
    Options
    Knowing that I'll look smoking at my senior prom/dance ;D

But also setting myself up for a healthy future whilst I am still young, respecting my body and eating right, plus hopefully inspiring my overweight younger sister who suffers from emotional binge eating.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Setting and achieving goals keeps me going. This means that I have to set new goals so that I keep motivated, otherwise the will (won't) power just disappears out the door and all the old habits creep back in.

Goal 1 - to get under 100kg - rewarded with a new gold watch (which now needs links removed!)
    Goal 2 - to look great in my son's wedding photos - big day is April 21 and I am ready
    Goal 3 - to complete the Great Victorian Bike Ride in November with my husband. In training and on track. Entries open next month and we will be among the first to sign up!
    Goal 4 - to complete the Lions Ride for Sight in April 2013

I also feel motivated when I buy new clothes in NORMAL shops. Wandering into a regular clothes shop over Easter because I liked a sweater on display and being able to buy it was an awesome feeling!
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You're so right in saying it's a mindset thing! You have to want it and want it bad enough to put yourself through hell to get it! lol (or so to speak) If my mind wasn't in it, then I'd probably fail. There are a ton of things that keep me going. For one, working out keeps me going. Every workout I do gets me more motivated for the next one. Some people say they workout just so they can eat, but for me it's kinda weird but working out keeps me from eating junk, i mean, why waste the 30 min or an hour of pouring sweat just to ruin it on junk food? Looking at before pics helps as well as taking body measurements every couple weeks or so. Also, I am 2 months postpartum with my 2nd child and the fact that I haven't bought any larger post prego clothes keeps me going. And of course, just wanting to be confident in myself again. I previously lost all the pregnancy weight (and then some) after my first kid, and before I did I had such a lack of self esteem! It ws awful! I absolutely hated my body, and I hated the fact that I hated it! So I made the decision to change it. I never want to have that hatred for myself again- that keeps me going!
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Getting into clothing that I haven't worn in close to 10 years is what's keeping me going. Also the comments I've been getting from family members and my wife grabbing my *kitten* occasionally calling me skinny butt. I still got a ways to go though to be where i feel comfortable in my own skin again.
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Myself I have been fat wayyyy to long its my time. ; )
  • NHLove88
    NHLove88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Honestly this board, if it wasn't for this section I would have given up a long time ago. Just seeing peoples success stories shows me it is possible & I can do this.
  • USMCConditioning
    Options
    My life long dream to become a United States Marine keeps me going.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!